Switch to full style
Post a reply

Renton Fish and Game Club Suppressor Shoot August 22 2015

Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:00 am

Like the title says
The Renton Fish and Game Club will be hosting a suppressor shoot on August 22 2015
Details have been posted on the web site at rfgc.org

The Rifle and pistol ranges are reserved for suppressor only shooting for the duration of the event.
Rifle range will be restricted to shooting suppressed only.
Pistol range will be a hearing safe zone and be restricted to shooting suppressed with subsonic .22 LR, 9mm, .45 ACP, and 300 BLK ammo only. Hearing protection will be optional

Entrance fee for the public is $10 per person.
RFGC members may enter for free are encouraged to bring their own suppressors, firearms, and ammunition.
For the general public, ammo will be available for purchase at the range to use with manufacturer provided equipment (while supplies last).

Should you have any question I can be reach by email at
brett@nwdemarc.com

Hope to see you there
Thank you
Brett

Re: Renton Fish and Game Club Suppressor Shoot August 22 201

Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:57 am

Thank You Brett !!!!!
and Welcome to WaGuns,

:wagwoot:

cootduster

Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:53 pm

LFPgunguy wrote:For the general public, ammo will be available for purchase at the range to use with manufacturer provided equipment (while supplies last).Brett

So if I'm not a member, but have my own firearm, suppressor, and ammunition, I'm required to instead purchase ammunition from you and use manufacturer provided equipment(suppressors? firearms?)?

Can you please help clarify?

EDIT: PDF waiver additional info: "Form 1 Suppressors are not allowed"

Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:59 am

snozzberries wrote:
LFPgunguy wrote:For the general public, ammo will be available for purchase at the range to use with manufacturer provided equipment (while supplies last).Brett

So if I'm not a member, but have my own firearm, suppressor, and ammunition, I'm required to instead purchase ammunition from you and use manufacturer provided equipment(suppressors? firearms?)?

EDIT: PDF waiver additional info: "Form 1 Suppressors are not allowed"

Explanation in the other thread about the event.
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=56138

Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:39 am

Reading the attached thread, I was disappointed that on the rifle range you want to restrict to sub-sonic ammo as well.

I have 223, 308, 300 win mag, and 338 Lapua suppressed, but only standard velocity ammo. which naturally is above 1080 fps. Only my 10.5" AR 15. and Rem 700 in 300 Blackout are subsonic.

Still might come just to socialize and see what is avail from mfg's.

Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:13 am

snozzberries wrote:
LFPgunguy wrote:For the general public, ammo will be available for purchase at the range to use with manufacturer provided equipment (while supplies last).

I agree, this needs clarification. I'm not a member, but I would like to bring my own ammunition (factory-loaded). If I can't, and instead have to buy more at a cost unbeknownst to me until I get there, that's a deal breaker for me. I know the other 2 guys I plan on attending with feel the same way.

Also, does this policy mean that non-members like me cannot bring their own firearms and suppressors, either? That would also be a deal-breaker.

Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:27 am

Sorry for the late response, its summertime and I have been out.

In response to the questions about the public shooting at the event:

1) Yes you are correct that the public is limited to shooting manufactures Suppressors and hosts.

The reason this decision was made was for the concern of the shooters in the hearing protection optional area.
One of the special features of this event is to be able to listen to the suppressed shot without hearing protection.
To achieve that in a public setting we needed to put in place some limitations, and this is what we came up with.

2) Yes you are correct that the ammunition for public shooting needs to be purchased at the event.

As I am sure you know, effective suppressed shooting is a combination of suppressor, host and ammunition.
The ammunition selected has been approved by the manufactures for use in their equipment and to achieve their stated performance.
Ammunition sales will be handled by Pinto's Firearms Sales, and will be priced reasonably.
I understand the concern and I am working with Pinto's to post a price list prior to the event.

3)No the Rifle range is not limited to subsonic shooting

Caliber restrictions and Subsonic shooting is limited to the Pistol range (hearing protection optional area), the Rifle range will be shooting both subsonic and supersonic ammunition, and hearing protection is required.

Thank you for the interest in this event and I hope this explains our thought process.

Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:04 am

Thanks for the response, Brett. I'm not going to debate the merits of the policies with you because it's counter-productive, but I do want to express that I am disappointed I will not be able to use my own stuff. However, I'll wait to decide whether to attend until after I've reviewed Pinto's ammunition prices for the event. If they are reasonable, I may still attend just to see what the manufacturers bring.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:54 am

Hi Brett,
Prior to your latest post we purchased factory sub-sonic ammunition for the event in 22LR, 9mm, and 300 Blackout. It would be good to post the rule about being required to purchase ammo on-site well prior to the event.

I'll go ahead and bring it in case any manufacturers would like to add it to their existing ammo supply.

Will Pinto's be taking credit cards on-site or running a cash only operation?

Thanks,
Dave

Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:54 pm

Let me try to summarize.

Non-members can pay $10 to attend and shoot manufacturers suppressed weapons for free, we just need to buy ammo on-site from the local dealer?

What if I don't want to shoot 50 rounds of each caliber? Can I buy 10 rounds each of .22, 9mm, 45, 300 blk? A package deal would be nice. Maybe $15 for the package of 10rd each?
    .22 - solid gold
    9mm - $.30/rd
    .45 - $.40/rd
    300 BLK - $.60/rd

The manufacturers will provide both the firearm and the suppressor? Can I provide my own firearm and use their suppressor?

If there is a package deal for ammo, it could be $25 to shoot some suppressed firearms. I'm just trying to get an idea of the cost. If I don't shoot anything, can I attend and watch for free?

Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:01 pm

I emailed Brett and he responded with a price sheet. It is below.

Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:19 am

Thanks for sharing that. The pricing table doesn't say it, but the 9mm and .300 BLK will most likely be 147gr and 220gr, respectively, based upon this declaration on the event page:

Pistol range will a hearing safe zone and be restricted to shooting suppressed with subsonic .22 LR, 9mm, .45 ACP, and 300 BLK ammo only.

Too bad I can't bring my PPU 9mm 158gr FMJ. And I just bought 500 rds of it. :crybaby:

Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:40 am

Bump to see who's going.

:anyone:

I'll be there with a buddy of mine.

Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:53 am

GeekWithGuns wrote:Will Pinto's be taking credit cards on-site or running a cash only operation?

Spoke to Pinto's a minute ago. Cash or check only (no cards).

Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:20 pm

Just a quick reminder about the event

And thank you to Guns4Liberty

The entrance fee can be cash , check or, credit card.
The Credit card will take longer as the machine and connection will not be at the sign-in table.

As stated the ammunition purchases will be cash, and check only

Also please remember that the standard club waiver, and the event waiver are available to be down loaded from the club web site and filled out ahead of time
www.rfgc.org

Thank you
And we hope to see you at the event
Brett
Post a reply