Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:24 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 80% AR lowers? Build party? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

what kind of coating are you going to do, at what cost?

Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

nitefire1 wrote:
what kind of coating are you going to do, at what cost?

Liking fde/burnt bronze color combo. Still undecided on whether I will pay someone or self apply. Been researching cerakote/durakote, etc each seem to have pros/cons. I'm inclined to do something myself if possible. Still a lot to learn on this build process.

Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It would not surprise me if the leftest scumbags in Seattle, their bastard billionaires and shitheads in office in Olympia would now try to go after large capacity mags and AR15 types next just like their twin evil scum morphs in Sacramento have.

Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:26 pm

I'm late to the party but is anyone planning on doing a build party? I already have my 80% lower and jig but no bits/end mill bits or anything to drill or mill with.
If no one is doing a party, will anyone be able to help me out?

Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dbherb wrote:
I'm late to the party but is anyone planning on doing a build party? I already have my 80% lower and jig but no bits/end mill bits or anything to drill or mill with.

I just got done doing an 80% on a mill, the correct way, and it is not a simple thing. If you ever make it to the Olympia area I can help you out with it. Your best bet is to buy an Anderson for 50 bucks. Hell they had Aero Precision ones as the Gun show for 70. Good luck with it.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:09 am

mcyclonegt wrote:
dbherb wrote:

I just got done doing an 80% on a mill, the correct way, and it is not a simple thing. If you ever make it to the Olympia area I can help you out with it. Your best bet is to buy an Anderson for 50 bucks. Hell they had Aero Precision ones as the Gun show for 70. Good luck with it.

Are you talking about getting another 80% lower? I doubt I'll be around Olympia anytime soon.

Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A serialized, stripped, ready to build lower is cheaper than an 80% lower. Unless you just want to do it for fun. It is kinda cool to be able to say you built it yourself. I do metal fab and machining for a living and it is still a pain in the ass to do it right.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:06 pm

mcyclonegt wrote:
A serialized, stripped, ready to build lower is cheaper than an 80% lower. Unless you just want to do it for fun. It is kinda cool to be able to say you built it yourself. I do metal fab and machining for a living and it is still a pain in the ass to do it right.

I want to build one for myself, hence why I bought an 80% lower.

Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:32 pm

mcyclonegt wrote:
dbherb wrote:

Is there a shop for these or at the gun shows?

Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:43 pm

sigman226 wrote:
mcyclonegt wrote:
dbherb wrote:

I bought mine online. It came with insurance in case I mess it up, they'll replace it...no questions. I don't remember the website but I'll find out if you want the info.

Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We got a CNC maching going up for sale soon. Just saying. icon_eek

Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:58 am

dbherb wrote:
sigman226 wrote:
mcyclonegt wrote:
dbherb wrote:

I bought mine online. It came with insurance in case I mess it up, they'll replace it...no questions. I don't remember the website but I'll find out if you want the info.

I do. Thank you.

Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:50 am

sigman226 wrote:
dbherb wrote:
sigman226 wrote:
mcyclonegt wrote:
dbherb wrote:

I do. Thank you.

I got mine at Advancedrifles.com but unfortunately, it looks like the company shut down. (TACWAR)
Hopefully I won't mess up my lower because there will be no replacing it by them.

Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:15 am

Does anyone have one of those "ghost gun boxes"? The cnc mill that specifically mills out 80% lowers.

Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mcyclonegt wrote:

thumbsup
I could not agree with you more. There is no cheap and easy way to do this job. And I see no advantages.
Milling an AR 80% lower is truly for the hobieist who just likes to make their own parts.
I too did mine on a milling machine. Turned out great.
But the 7/16 end mill cost me as much as the lower.
Just those two parts. $120.00.
So do your home work befor taking on this job.
Oh and you if you've got an 80% lower you want to sell....send me a PM
I might be interested

:bigsmile:

Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next