Switch to full style
Maps, Firearm Forms, Printable Targets etc.
Post a reply

Washington State DOL Firearms Records Request

Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:59 am

DOL keeps a history of pistol purchases via both the voluntary pistol transfer form as well as the required FFL form. I wrote DOL to see what a person can do to see their own "file" that DOL keeps.

Here is the information I received.

Yes, there is a form and you are required to go to your local law enforcement so, they can verify your identity. The law enforcement agency sends us the request on your behalf once everything is filled out. When we get the request we verify it came from law enforcement and then we can send the information requested directly to you. You would use the form at the link listed below, all you and the law enforcement agency would need to do is follow the directions on the form.

http://www.dol.wa.gov/business/firearms ... 652012.pdf

Feel free to contact us with any further questions or concerns. Thank you and have a great day.

Desiree Huston
Firearms Unit
Dept. of Licensing
Business and Professions Division
360-664-6616
Firearms@dol.wa.gov

Re: Washington State DOL Firearms Records Request

Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:01 am

Sweet!

Very nice for those that need to do this. Never knew you could so that's the first thing I learned this year! :thumbsup2:

Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:01 am

Already filled out the form. Will be taking it to the PD in the next couple of days!

Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:11 am

Hmmm....tag for future reference.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:34 am

Is that WA state pistol form optional? I thought it was a mandatory form you had to fill out.....If it was optional why would anyone do it? Or is that referring to a private sale reporting form?

Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:42 am

This is not the form when you go buy from a FFL. That is mandatory.

This is for someone private to request the background on a firearm either for future private purchase or one that someone has already bought and wants to make sure it's background is clear or not.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:46 am

Kgbsucka wrote:Is that WA state pistol form optional? I thought it was a mandatory form you had to fill out.....If it was optional why would anyone do it? Or is that referring to a private sale reporting form?

The form for private transfer of a pistol or revolver is OPTIONAL. There are NO laws and NO paperwork requirements for private sales in the state of Washington.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:34 pm

Where's the form to list them all as sold/stolen/lost overboard? :D

Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:27 pm

You use the same form (lower section).
D. Other action or information
Lost, stolen, etc. (Brief details)
If not sold or transferred, please give approximate date and time of loss
Was law enforcement agency informed? No Yes - which agency
When Reported to (Name/Title)

Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:07 pm

Dont you already know what handguns you have? You need the state to tell you?

Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:39 pm

munchie wrote:Dont you already know what handguns you have? You need the state to tell you?

If your guns are stolen it is an easy way to find a serial number if you don't have them written down.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:00 pm

I filled this out last year, had it signed by the fife police and sent in... never. heard. back. :I

Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:00 pm

General Nonsense wrote:
munchie wrote:Dont you already know what handguns you have? You need the state to tell you?

If your guns are stolen it is an easy way to find a serial number if you don't have them written down.

unless all your guns were bought privatly

Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:49 pm

For a individual I believed the law was no records were ever kept of gun purchases past 48 hours except for class 3

Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:57 pm

You people own guns?
Don't you know how dangerous they are?
I read somewhere, that by just having a gun in your home, it is more likely to be used on you than you using it to protect yourself.

:peep:
Post a reply