Switch to full style
Maps, Firearm Forms, Printable Targets etc.
Post a reply

Re: Curio & Relic (C&R) License: What it is and how to get o

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:18 pm

I have edited the original post to include:

5. I'm moving . . . how do I change my address with the ATF?

I'm just mailing off my forms today . . . so we'll see how well this process works. :bigsmile:

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:54 pm

how do i get my CLEO's info? Kent, what department would it be? PD? SO? :frust: i need to know

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:17 pm

mash man wrote:how do i get my CLEO's info? Kent, what department would it be? PD? SO? :frust: i need to know

Well, I have to admit . . . this can be a bitch to navigate. :angryfire:

It appears to me that you live in the city of Kent, not in unincorporated King County. Do you agree? There are some Kent city maps at the link below, and your house is inside the boundaries:
http://www.ci.kent.wa.us/publicworks/maps.aspx

So if that is the case -- that you are in the city of Kent and not in unincorporated King County -- then your CLEO is the Kent police chief. More specifically, that is Chief Ken Thomas.

I'd fire off your form to:

Ken Thomas, Chief of Police
Kent Police Department
232 4th Ave S
Kent, WA 98032

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:23 pm

you the man Steve thanks

Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:15 pm

A question:

I know *not* to sign the original, but what do most of you do with regards to the bottom "wallet card" section? Do you cut it? Leave it there? Make an origami frog with it?

If I need to supply a wet signed copy for every transaction, then what is the purpose of the wallet card?

These are the thoughts that keep me awake at night...

An aside: LULZ AT ALL THE CRAP THEY SEND YOU!!! :thumbsup2:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:27 pm

Hmm, I don't remember a wallet card . . . and now my original has been sent back to the ATF! :crybaby:

I keep a folded-up, signed photocopy of the actual license in my wallet. And a scanned, signed copy in my Gmail. :bigsmile:

Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:13 pm

Printed the forms today, they'll be in the mail box tomorrow. Thanks for all the info in this thread. Anybody have a favorite source online? places to avoid? what about a "must have" first buy? =)

Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:13 pm

bmour wrote:Printed the forms today, they'll be in the mail box tomorrow. Thanks for all the info in this thread. Anybody have a favorite source online? places to avoid? what about a "must have" first buy? =)

Awesome. thumbsup

"Must have" first buy . . . well, I think something cheap like a Mosin or a Nagant revolver are probably the most common, but it probably depends on your interests and what you already have in your C&R collection. Tell us what you have and what you like, and we'll try to help you spend your money. :bigsmile:

Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:35 pm

I just might do that.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:25 pm

MadPick wrote:I have edited the original post to include:

5. I'm moving . . . how do I change my address with the ATF?

I'm just mailing off my forms today . . . so we'll see how well this process works. :bigsmile:

I mailed my change-of-address paperwork to the ATF on 7/31. Today I checked my mail at my new house for the first time, and my updated C&R license was in the mailbox . . . with a postmark date of 8/8!

Holy crap, the ATF turned that around in a week! :rockout:

Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:43 pm

Holy crap indeed!

Wow! Now that is a nice welcome to your new Home. :thumbsup2:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:30 pm

hey guys, for the document "ATF F 5330.20 — Certification of Compliance" line 2. What or who do i put on "Name of person CERTIFYING to citizenship"

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:06 pm

You. If you are #1 (I used my Trust) but if you do individual... then you repeat #1 and type in your name again.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:44 pm

Hooray! Mine finally came today! Finally something other than bills and junk in the mail!

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:00 pm

That's awesome, bmour! thumbsup

But don't bother hiding that info . . . if you play your cards right, pretty soon you'll have given that C&R license to everyone in the world anyhow. :thumbsup2:
Post a reply