Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:30 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Poker Shoot for the U.S.O. 
Site Admin
Site Admin

On September 22nd, the members of WaGuns.org set out on a project to help the U.S.O. We decided on building an AR-15 out of completely donated parts and $$. A few short months later and she is done.

We present to you, the USO Rifle.
Rifle is cerakoted in OD Green; Rock River lower with DPMS LPK, DPMS 1:9 Barrel w/ custom Gas Block, Rock River BCG and a full assortment of Magpul furniture. More parts may be added between now and the shoot.

The intent of this build was to raffle or sell it when it was done, and donate the proceeds to the USO. As this build has evolved, we have come up with a great way to give you a 'shot' at WINNING this rifle. You just need to ask yourself...."Are You Feeling Lucky?"

USO Poker Shoot
Here is how it works:
For $10 you get a ticket/receipt redeemable for a target with 52 playing cards on it (design in progress) and one free card that you pick from a face down mess of cards (you can use this in your hand or not). You then have 5 shots with a .22LR pistol to make the best hand possible by shooting at the cards you want to make your hand. The best hand WINS the USO Rifle. In the event of a tie, there will be a shoot off showing skill and marksmanship to decide the winner.

How Do I Participate?
Simple. Currently, the rifle is being stored at Countyline Shooting Sports in McKenna, WA. You can buy tickets there, or purchase online by emailing webmaster@WaGuns.org. We are limiting this to 400 targets at this time. Additional targets may be available at the shoot, but no guarantees. You can buy as many "targets" as you wish though, $10/ea.

The Time and Location:
The shoot will be hosted at Champion Arms, in Kent WA, on Sunday April 1st 2012 from 10am-3pm. This will give shooters a large time frame in which to show up, shoot the target and check out Champions great facility. The winner will be known at 3pm that day and will be announced online shortly after.

Here are the rules:
1) The Firearm: All shots will be made with a .22 pistol, open sights, unsupported and at a distance to be determined (as fair, yet challenging). .22 pistols and ammo will be provided free of charge or you can bring your own. All pistols must be .22LR, 8" or less barrel with open sights (no scope, no red-dot, no laser). Ammo.22LR, bring whatever your gun feeds well (edited on 12/13 - no shotshells).
2) You do NOT need to be there to win. In the event that you are not there, or that you cannot attend, your target can be shot at by an un-biased shooter on your behalf.
3) All participants must be legally allowed to posses, own and operate a firearm.
4) Winner of the USO Rifle must be eligible to own a firearm and agrees to the standard paperwork as required by an FFL.
5) WaGuns reserves the right to modify these rules as suggestions may present itself that will further benefit the cause and the event.
6) Shortly after the end of the Shoot Out, WaGuns.org will present a check made out to the USO with the proceeds of this event.

We are hoping to have additional prizes available at the shoot that will be used as door prizes, 2nd place, worst shooter etc etc. You may not miss the rifle, but that doesn't mean you have to leave empty handed!

WaGuns.org would like to thank the following people for helping make this dream build a reality:
Chris and crew @ Countyline Shooting Sports
Don @ Foothills Firearms
Jeff @ Guardian Tactical
Greg @ K&E Arms
Bill and Nick at Champion Arms
All of the awesome members and supporters at http://www.WaGuns.org

Please also make sure to check out these opportunities to help the USO (and yourself) here:
PIF - Mosin M38 Carbine - To benefit the USO Shoot!
PIF - Official WaGuns AR15 lower

Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:47 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice! I forsee a drive out to Yelm in my future, great work everyone!

Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:59 pm

Time for training, raw eggs, red meat, cardio, and my 22/45 :)

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How does it work if I buy some targets, can't attend the shoot,...and nobody likes me enough to shoot them....OR shoots them for a LOW hand compared to his OWN target?

BTW- Dan...PM incoming regardless.

:)) :))

NOOOoooo!

All I get is "Hey! I'm peeing in here!"

"Peace is the brief, glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading."

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SIG556 wrote:
How does it work if I buy some targets, can't attend the shoot,...and nobody likes me enough to shoot them....OR shoots them for a LOW hand compared to his OWN target?

Your contribution to a worthy cause will be appreciated!

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So there is going to be 400 people or are we allowed to buy more than one ticket???

Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SIG556 wrote:

Tell you what, I can shoot for ya.........if I win for you, you will have this pretty rifle and no longer need your Sig. So you can just give me the Sig after that. Deal???

Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:23 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

You can buy as many as you want! Thanks for mentioning that, I'll edit the OP to state that!

Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:15 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

im in~!

Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:16 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Back of, bitches! Email sent! Those targets are MINE!

Oh ... and self-defense be damned, and IDPA can kiss my butt. I'm only shooting .22 between now and March!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dan, sent you a message on sgn. me is---> L-)
im in

Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I will be in touch with you later this week about buying tickets Dan, but I am in.

Just food for thought, but are these allowed in??? Just something else to consider clear up prior to the shoot as it meets your barrel length requirement. I will be using my 22/45.
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_766315_-1_757996_757781_757781_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:11 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ha ha, I would absolutely let someone compete with that ... but hopefully nobody will handicap themselves that way!

If you've ever shot a heavy pistol like that (WITHOUT benefit of a buffer tube...) then you know they're a bitch to shoot accurately.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:28 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yup! That meets the criteria.

Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:31 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

so we can use any ammo we want right?????????

http://www.thegunsource.com/item/1811_C ... _2000.aspx

yup i got this on in the bag lol gun bag that is icon_super

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:49 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 194 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next