Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:28 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The Growing Trend of Women Owning Firearms 

WJade, here is a reply from one of our contributors -

I have taken the WOW shotgun workshop and it was great. The ladies are very helpful. My friend took their Waterfowling workshop and had a great time. We have both been to the Weekend Workshop in September twice and plan to go again this year. It is an amazing experience with so many other like-minded women. However, there are no gun workshops during that weekend.i believe the Firearms Academy of Seattle has some women's shooting programs, but that's about all I know about.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:01 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not only a trend of Women Owning firearms, but here is a great video of a young gal defending her 2nd Amendment rights.

We need more!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... _-N9_tnWBo

Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:35 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dmonwai wrote:
WJade wrote:
What active women's organizations in Western Washington do you recommend for a woman who wants to shoot and compete?

What kind of competition are you looking to get into? Handgun or long gun? Both? Action/defensive type or more stationary/accuracy type?

Well, I only own a handgun...... for now :bigsmile: ... I'm just getting started and have been working with Young and Steve who have recommended competing in mixed company, which i'm certainly open. As far as action/defensive or stationary I want to try everything! I think the action looks like more fun and we're going to work on that next.

Wendy

Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rach_WSJ wrote:
WJade, here is a reply from one of our contributors -

I have taken the WOW shotgun workshop and it was great. The ladies are very helpful. My friend took their Waterfowling workshop and had a great time. We have both been to the Weekend Workshop in September twice and plan to go again this year. It is an amazing experience with so many other like-minded women. However, there are no gun workshops during that weekend.i believe the Firearms Academy of Seattle has some women's shooting programs, but that's about all I know about.

Thanks Rachel! I just missed the Waterfowling workshop which was the weekend before I found their website. I'm glad to hear it was a great experience for your contact. I signed up for information and will probably try one of their weekend workshops.

Wendy

Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WJade wrote:

Well, I only own a handgun...... for now :bigsmile: ... I'm just getting started and have been working with Young and Steve who have recommended competing in mixed company, which i'm certainly open. As far as action/defensive or stationary I want to try everything! I think the action looks like more fun and we're going to work on that next.

Wendy

When you're ready Young and Steve will probably point you in my direction.

If you have any questions let me know!!

https://www.RisingSunTraining.com
https://www.facebook.com/RisingSunTraining
https://www.instagram.com/rising_sun_training/
"Always be involved To Learn, To Teach, and To Share, what you are passionate about."

Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:57 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WJade wrote:
Rach_WSJ wrote:
Women using weapons; it’s not just for Hollywood anymore.

Thanks to organizations like “Babes With Bullets”, “Second Amendment Sisters” and, “Girls With Guns”, now more than ever females are training to use firearms.

Gun maker “Glock” even has a new ad campaign targeting women.

Read the rest of the article at Fox 40 News
http://fox40.com/2013/02/05/the-growing-trend-of-women-owning-firearms/

Hi Rachel,
What active women's organizations in Western Washington do you recommend for a woman who wants to shoot and compete? Also are you familiar with WOW (Washington Outdoor Women)? It looks like they have some interesting workshops. I just wondered if you'd heard anything about them.

Hi Rachel,

Just wondering if you'd found anything for WA women (or local women) and if so, could you post it? Thanks! Jennifer

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
~Tenzin Gyatso, aka His Holiness the Dalai Lama

"We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves."
~ Romans 15:1

"Ils Ont Les Armes, On Les Emmerde, On A Le Champagne!"~Charlie Hebdo, November 2015

Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

glockgirl wrote:
WJade wrote:
Rach_WSJ wrote:
Women using weapons; it’s not just for Hollywood anymore.

Thanks to organizations like “Babes With Bullets”, “Second Amendment Sisters” and, “Girls With Guns”, now more than ever females are training to use firearms.

Gun maker “Glock” even has a new ad campaign targeting women.

Read the rest of the article at Fox 40 News
http://fox40.com/2013/02/05/the-growing-trend-of-women-owning-firearms/

Hi Rachel,
What active women's organizations in Western Washington do you recommend for a woman who wants to shoot and compete? Also are you familiar with WOW (Washington Outdoor Women)? It looks like they have some interesting workshops. I just wondered if you'd heard anything about them.

Hi Rachel,

Just wondering if you'd found anything for WA women (or local women) and if so, could you post it? Thanks!
Jennifer

I think she has left us :thumbsdown:

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:06 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

A full 50% of the couplehood that I belong to are female, and that half shoots very well.

Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:31 pm

At our shooting club, last two NRA basic pistol and Personal Protection inside the Home classes have both been over 50% women shooters. I think we have 4 new female instructors from this time last year as well. Even club membership is changing. Used to be, the husbands would join and bring their wives as "guests." Now the wives are joining at the same time, or in many cases, by themselves! It's pretty amazing!
Chris

Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:50 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

hackercat13 wrote:
At our shooting club, last two NRA basic pistol and Personal Protection inside the Home classes have both been over 50% women shooters. I think we have 4 new female instructors from this time last year as well. Even club membership is changing. Used to be, the husbands would join and bring their wives as "guests." Now the wives are joining at the same time, or in many cases, by themselves! It's pretty amazing!
Chris

That's really great to hear. thumbsup

I say that because I want women to enjoy the sport, etc. etc. etc. . . . but . . . even if men want to be completely selfish, we will benefit from having more women participate. More women shooting means more acceptance at home, and more acceptance at the ballot box.

This is win-freaking-win. :mulletslayer:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Trying to drag my wife to the range. I know once she gets there she'll enjoy it. Hope the new G42 will help seal the deal. Getting it for myself, but would love for her to take it. Wish me luck!

Sent from my UAV using Disposition Matrix 2.0

Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

most women, if they decide they are interested in shooting pistols can very quickly get the hang of it and shoot better groups than some men who've shot for a lot longer...

my wife who has less than a thousand rounds under her can shoot groups as well as me considering I've shot at least 5x more than her...

anybody thinking of getting their female relatives/significant others into shooting will likely be surprised at how fast they learn...

maybe it's because we men don't like to ask for directions and they do?

bottom line, it's a good trend to have more women into the shooting sports and self defense in general... as my other post listed, felons are now being let go by some states once they cross state lines and guess what... they like to prey on the defenseless...

http://www.usatoday.com/longform/news/n ... e/6273375/?

pic below is my wife's first 6 shots from a new to her kimber solo at 7 yards... at this time I think she had shot about 500rounds with other pistols but this was her first compact.. and I was amazed she had most shots on target...

Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:27 pm

My wife started with a Sig mosquito and a ultra light AR... both pink. Since then she's added a nice 10/22 and her "SHTF AR" in black/FDE. She loves to go shoot, and I love her for even tolerating, let alone supporting, my love of guns. ;)

Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2