Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:43 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Considering selling my SDB 9mm 

I am considering selling my basically brand new SDB. this is the second time I've given a reloading press a shot. First one was a lee progressive 1000, that peice of shit never worked. The dillon I'd expect to actually have some quality but nope. the Delrin washer completely broke in two following directions. The primer catch/return plate is bent. The primer tube refuses to even load primers now after 6 rounds of successful rounds., The priming system itself isnt even priming brass with what primers actually did not get stuck. I have about 20 rounds of 9mm that has primers stuck half way in the pocket itself.

GREAT quality there dillon. I'm sure grafs (the place i purchased it from) is going to refuse to even return a obviously defective product. I'm going to try and get dillon to do a complete check on the entire system. Great waste of $400 if I cant get it to work after that.

So why do I even bother with this again?

Best part. I literally received it friday.

Sat May 27, 2017 5:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have absolutely no doubt Dillon will do right by you and fix it with no hassle. Part of what you're paying for when you go blue is the support.

Sat May 27, 2017 6:09 pm

I know. It's just extremely frustrating when I payed $400 for a machine to have it be completely defective.

Sat May 27, 2017 6:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Damn... call Dillon. Great service there. My sdb has been killer. Keep at it!

Divided we fall.

Sat May 27, 2017 6:43 pm

Update: the plastic piece that feeds the primer into the tray was broken. It came with another one and I'll order more of those when I can. Finally got it working good. seems to be 1 in about 30 get a light push on the primer system (may be me). But its working great now...Now i just need to wait for the delrin bushing to come in this week. (it works fine with the broken one, (it still engages the return plate/primer catch).

Sun May 28, 2017 4:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The primer feeder takes some trial and error. Dillon will send you a whole bag of those parts for free. Call their customer service. You will be very surprised at how skilled they are at troubleshooting when you need them most.

Divided we fall.

Sun May 28, 2017 4:48 pm

OhShoot! wrote:
The primer feeder takes some trial and error. Dillon will send you a whole bag of those parts for free. Call their customer service. You will be very surprised at how skilled they are at troubleshooting when you need them most.

will do when i get the time.

Sun May 28, 2017 6:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]