Switch to full style
http://www.themarksman.net
Post a reply

Unpleasant exprience

Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:31 pm

I purchased my first gun from you guys, Savage MKII, which I had an unpleasant experience with. Is it normal to have your customers pay before they even pick up the phone to call in for the background check? After all the paper work was said and done I had to wait another 15 mins for the employee to find the box for it... More than likely won't be buying anything else from there unless it's one hell of a deal.

Re: Unpleasant exprience

Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:46 pm

sorry to hear bootless, but waguns has nothing to do with background checks, only individual's discretion

is there a company or a place of business that you are referring too?

Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:48 pm

cmica wrote:sorry to hear bootless, but waguns has nothing to do with background checks, only individual's discretion

The Marksman, this is their sub forum in the FFL/Dealers section

Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:49 pm

I could have swore that this thread referenced the Marksman.

Meaning that I thought it was in the title or something. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:50 pm

Having the customer pay prior to the background check is not uncommon. As for taking so long to find your box.... well there could be dozens of reasons for that. What else happened to piss you off?
If that's seriously all that happened to make you post about it... I'm going to have to give this rant an "F".

Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:57 pm

boostless wrote:
cmica wrote:sorry to hear bootless, but waguns has nothing to do with background checks, only individual's discretion

The Marksman, this is their sub forum in the FFL/Dealers section

LOL....i was thinking the same thing as cmica. He must do the same thing i do, which is "view new posts" link and read away. its hard to realize what dedicated subforum i am in sometimes. :ROFLMAO:

Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:57 pm

bhpdrew wrote:Having the customer pay prior to the background check is not uncommon. As for taking so long to find your box.... well there could be dozens of reasons for that. What else happened to piss you off?
If that's seriously all that happened to make you post about it... I'm going to have to give this rant an "F".

I just felt like it was a horrible experience and will be taking my business elsewhere. I feel like there was just too much standing around for no reason. As for the "F" I don't really care, just thought people would like to know the experience I had.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:02 pm

Knowing the Marksman, they really don't give a shit if you go elsewhere. A lot of us wrote them off a long, long time ago. They make enough off Ft. Lewis and the range (mostly the range) to keep the doors open.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:01 pm

seconded

Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:03 pm

if they were "wrote off" why would they let them still be on here? I mean other than the possibility of getting paid.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:07 pm

boostless wrote:if they were "wrote off" why would they let them still be on here? I mean other than the possibility of getting paid.

mostly this, i'm willing to bet

Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:11 pm

blindfox wrote:
boostless wrote:if they were "wrote off" why would they let them still be on here? I mean other than the possibility of getting paid.

I don't think this forum gets paid just because there is a sub-forum for "marksman".

Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:26 pm

Correct. The FFL section isn't a paid section. It's a spot where FFLs can have a section to do with what they please, to act as a conduit between the store and the public.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:44 pm

Selador wrote:
blindfox wrote:

I don't think this forum gets paid just because there is a sub-forum for "marksman".

Massivedesign wrote:Correct. The FFL section isn't a paid section. It's a spot where FFLs can have a section to do with what they please, to act as a conduit between the store and the public.

then i am corrected and say 'scuse me while i look like the ass

Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:45 pm

Don't feel bad, I thought they were shellin' out some green backs too
Post a reply