Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:34 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 So it seems as if prices are getting closer to pre-panic. 

At least the stuff I'm pricing in the new store for when we open...

Like the Bushmaster ORC SL (the carbon fiber) for under 800, and the regular ORCs for around 900 or so, and the regular XM-15E2 for under a thousand. CMMG .300 Blackout carbines for a little over 900. Not sure what Colts are going to be yet as I haven't gotten to them yet and I don't know our cost, and Troy carbines are still higher than when Dick's was blowing them out at $700 (I wish I could have gotten in on a couple of those!), but a little under $1500 is a lot better than the 1800 and more people were asking a month and a half ago.

At least some sanity is returning. Hopefully ammo will follow soon. That seems to still be hard to get though unfortunately as well as a couple brands of guns. Ruger and SIG (special order for /mil/LE guns is pushing a year wait now) mostly, but also Glock.

Fri May 03, 2013 1:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Could it be that prices on firearms are going down because there's nothing to shoot in them??? :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Sat May 04, 2013 7:43 am

Yeah, there is that. The website has .22, but there still isn't any in the Lakewood store. I think we have maybe a single case of Gemtech in Tacoma for when we open, but that's it right now.
Range trips are getting very short these days. Either it's too expensive to shoot or the stores have a limit on the amount of ammo you can buy. 100 rounds doesn't last all that long... and my wife wants to go shooting every week... Going to be an expensive summer.

Guns aren't cheap yet (well, Mary's Pistols does have some DPMS Oracles for just $625!) but they are definitely getting better.

Sat May 04, 2013 11:15 am

Or a M&P Sport, DPMS Sportical for under $650, Del-Tons and DPMS for under $700? Basic 6920s for under $1150, and the MOE for under $1100? A Saiga 7.62x39 (uncoverted) for $400? AR mags for $12 to a little over $20 depending on brand and type.
Oakley, YHM, optics, SIG, GLOCK, and anyone else with one, selling at MAP.

Wed May 22, 2013 8:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks like supply is catching up... demand is going down on firearms.

Ammo is still a bit high (supply is trickling in...) but demand is still high.

A good trend for folks wanting to buy a firearm. Ammo should be getting there (6 months or so)?

Wed May 22, 2013 8:33 am
Site Moderator / In Memoriam
Site Moderator / In Memoriam

I just came back from Iowa. I went to a gun show there, with my son, and talked with some of the dealers selling. They had primers at $40/1000, most powders $25/lb. They said that supply back there was just starting to flow back in to them. Same story as out here. Gun prices were high, but about what it is like out here.
50cal ammo cans were only $10, wish I'd had a way to move a bunch of them out to Seattle.

cootduster

I'm not old.

I'm just no longer young !!!

Wed May 22, 2013 8:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As for reloading supplies... I think the demand is even higher. Folks are getting into it more... since they have experienced this "shortage" they don't want to get caught up again.

So, demand is high and higher and supply is going to take a while to catch up (reloading supplies). So don't expect reloading stuff to normalize anytime soon.

Wed May 22, 2013 8:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]