SHTF, TEOTWAWKI, Survival or just preventive planning.
Post a reply

Re: How far is your commute?

Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:02 pm

Depending on which door I use to get to my shop (front or back) 27-38’....
I’m retired!!!!!!

Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:16 pm

I'm lucky enough to work about less then 5min from my business. However, there are times when I am on the road for work and it can vary for distance.

Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:55 pm

TheShotgunMessenger wrote:I'm lucky enough to work about less then 5min from my business. However, there are times when I am on the road for work and it can vary for distance.

Welcome to Waguns Derek!

My commute is about 13 minutes. A welcome change after an 85 mile RT everyday.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:15 am

Update:
18 miles each way. Live in BFE, but loving it.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:54 am

I’m an independent sales rep so it varies. Some days I work from home, other days I could be 8 hrs by car away. I’ve thought about this many times how bad I’d be screwed if the SHTF and I’m 8 hrs away.

I like the idea of giving my wife a timetable of how long to wait for me depending how far away I am.

She’d be fine on her own for a while, she’s a great shot with a pistol and AR and she can turn on her Mother bear attitude when needed.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:55 pm

23 steps if I work from my gun shop- zero if I stay in the house. It's all the back and forth tripping over dogs that sucks.

Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:48 pm

Chains wrote:I also figure alternate means of travel, but plan on worst case scenario. I carry a set of equipment keys everywhere, I’m not above driving a wheel loader or dozer 20 miles home....

Hey, smart guy...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:41 am

Right now I have about a 35mile one way commute from Tacoma to Bremerton. The Narrows Bridge is my biggest obstacle in any kind of emergency. Looking to move to the other side of the bridge soon.
Post a reply