SHTF, TEOTWAWKI, Survival or just preventive planning.
Post a reply

Earth Sheltered Homes

Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:36 am

We saw a variation of this in an earlier thread that included a property in Orting? Yelm? here recently.

https://www.formworksbuilding.com/our-process/

pre-burial:

Re: Earth Sheltered Homes

Fri May 31, 2024 5:37 pm

Anthropogenic climate change or not this is the future. Moving habitable spaces underground only makes sense for many reasons.

The surface is for crops not concrete and asphalt.

Fri May 31, 2024 6:06 pm

I would do this in the midwest and texass with all those tornado's only makes sense instead of rebuilding every time

Fri May 31, 2024 7:51 pm

SporkBoy wrote:Anthropogenic climate change or not this is the future. Moving habitable spaces underground only makes sense for many reasons.

This. I’ve designed some pretty awesome hill side cut in homes. Heating and cooling costs are zero.

Only downside is the mental impact of not having natural light applied horizontally. Vertical natural light from solar tubes doesn’t flood the same.

Sat Jun 01, 2024 5:40 pm

Massivedesign wrote:
SporkBoy wrote:Anthropogenic climate change or not this is the future. Moving habitable spaces underground only makes sense for many reasons.

This. I’ve designed some pretty awesome hill side cut in homes. Heating and cooling costs are zero.

Only downside is the mental impact of not having natural light applied horizontally. Vertical natural light from solar tubes doesn’t flood the same.

True that Dan. I eat breakfast every morning at the table with the big 6’ wide blind open, it sets the tone for my day. Dr told me that years ago that it was good for your mental health. I have to see outside my box. :wink05:
Post a reply