Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:33 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 WTS: Remington 742 30-06 

In decent shape for it's age. Has been gone through. The nipple for the gas tube is a little buggered up but it does cycle manually fine. Have not test fired it since assembly.

No trades, located in Lake Tapps, transfer at Brad's Guns. $500

Edit: Pictures added to save atleast 500k words.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Juhosaphat on Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:30 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

What does this mean "Has been gone through"?

No photos? It is very hard to judge "decent shape for its age" in regards to metal and wood finish.

Heck, some could say I am in decent shape for my age, but there are many who are in MUCH better shape than I. Some are worse.

My point is that a photo is worth a thousand words. 8 photos are worth a million words.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:23 am
Profile WWW

First off, 8 times one thousand is 8 thousand, not one million.

I figured 'been gone through' was pretty self explanatory, but I guess not. Going through something means making sure everything is there and functional. Hence why I noted the one slight issue I found with the gas nipple being slightly buggered up. Buggered up meaning slightly damaged and/or out of spec. I have not test fired the rifle since I assembled it and checked function but everything should be in working order.

I'm listing the rifle for a friend so I will have him get me some pictures. Atleast 1 so we can save a thousand more words. Maybe 8 for a million words based on your math.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:53 pm

Sorry my math disappoints you. Truth is, everyone thinks the gun they have for sale is worth more than it is. One of the tactics used by those who are deceptive (you clearly are not, but how would a seller know?) is to use fancy phrases like "its been gone through" or "no issues". There are other phrases that you encounter in the gun trade, but time and space are limited. Having sold enough rifles to put your kid through college, there might be a small amount of wisdom in what I stated about photos. With your obvious mass of knowledge regarding gun sales, I recommend pulling the photos and measuring your results. When you tire of the questions, the tire kickers and time wasters, try the listing with photos and see what happens. Heck, it may even sell. Good luck with your sale. I hope your friend isn't in a hurry.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:11 pm
Profile WWW

If I had children, I would let them decide if they wanted to go through college or not. I'd probably prefer they pick up a trade but that would be their decision.

But no children, and I never disagreed about photo's being useful in a for sale ad. Hence why I added them as soon as I received them.

Yes, math is maybe not your strong suit. I won't hold it against you though. Pulling photo's once they've been added is terrible advice though. People who are genuinely interested also don't typically have an issue asking for pictures or asking more specific questions when the listing is lacking such things.

I hope for good luck as well.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nobody noticed, this is a carbine, much rarer than the standard rifle! If it wasn’t for having to fight my way thru the traffic x2 (thank you governor moron and AG Himmler) I’d be on this one!

Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]