Switch to full style
Post a reply

Re: Beer Glasses - Limited Run

Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:22 am

MadPick wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:But I think we need etching this time.

Yup, that's a fact.

Trevor???

Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:04 am

cmica wrote:
MadPick wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:But I think we need etching this time.

Yup, that's a fact.

Trevor???

Yeah, he can do them. I had him do a few for me; one of those glasses is the one that broke the other day.

The real challenge with etched glasses is getting them at a price that we think will be acceptable to people, because the etching adds significant cost. We've looked at this a couple of times before, and couldn't make it happen. We'll see, maybe we can come up with something.

The printed glasses like we sold before are a lot cheaper ... but unfortunately we've learned that the markings won't last!

Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:30 am

Mine still look good after almost 4 years.

Hand wash only. The automatic dishwashers will ruin the printing.

My A&W glasses from the 60s still look good because they stay out of the dishwasher.

Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:52 am

Ya, there is a balance between getting the dishes spotless and removing all of the gold plating and stenciled logo's from coffee cups and dishes.
I used to use Finish Powerball Quantum Max. Best there is right?
Cleans the dishes allright, takes the 'finish' off pretty much everything else too.
Logos, gold plating, and started taking the 'finish' off my new dishwasher.

Used to have a Sapporo beer mug I bought in Japan where all of the people turned blue when the beer was cold.
Dishwasher messed it up a bit.

Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:57 am

dan360 wrote:Mine still look good after almost 4 years.

Hand wash only. The automatic dishwashers will ruin the printing.

My A&W glasses from the 60s still look good because they stay out of the dishwasher.

Bingo! Hand washing is the key.

Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:57 pm

At first I thought these were the kind of beer glasses that make homely women gorgeous in the bar at 1am :bigsmile:

I see now they are not imbued with these powers (at least not until beer is added) but they still look really cool anyway. Is it too late to buy any?

Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:08 pm

I have 4 that were engraved and they are AWESOME. If there is enough interested to get some engraved I will pay for four to be donated as a PIF.

Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:25 pm

no idea why this showed up for me 7 dang years later, but I'm down for a couple if I can get them shipped.

Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:43 pm

joao01 wrote:no idea why this showed up for me 7 dang years later, but I'm down for a couple if I can get them shipped.

LMAO

:zombie: :zombie: :zombie:

Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:43 pm

Whoa. We haven’t had these for years!

Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:48 pm

In! we need glasses! Image

Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:41 am

My youngest uses mine all the time for his chocolate milk. He likes it because he knows it's Dad's favorite!
Post a reply