Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:56 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Border Patrol agent shoots at armed militia 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Soldier_Citizen wrote:
To say that an ak is a bad idea cause "that's what the enemy carries".... Well that's just shows a lack of knowledge backed up by "well I saw it in a movie".

OUCH... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: that hit somebody in the head... :reaction:

Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

XDM9cWA wrote:
Soldier_Citizen wrote:
To say that an ak is a bad idea cause "that's what the enemy carries".... Well that's just shows a lack of knowledge backed up by "well I saw it in a movie".

OUCH... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: that hit somebody in the head... :reaction:

I could have written it better. I was half asleep

Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe it's the media bias.
Not having had first hand info in that area, I can only go off of what I have seen in the media.
Recently there were lots of images about Cartel gun seizures. The vast majority of the guns pictured were AKs.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Notice I never said the bias was right or wrong...but it's there. Whether is comes from the movies, media, or whatever else isn't really the issue.

LEOs who view things in black and white i.e. LEOs are the good guys and everyone else with a weapon is either a potential or actual threat, you make it easy for them when you run around with an AK since an LEO with an AK is going to be a really rare deal. Yes, there is anecdotal evidence of LEOs with self-purchased AK patrol rifles but I doubt they are even 1 in a 1000.

With all that said, if the guy was on his own property this should be a non-issue. But, as has been proven over the last decade or so, it's not yours if the federal government wants to be there. They'll make up a reason and it'll stand up in court because federal judges aren't going to put LEOs behind bars outside of extreme circumstances.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hkcavalier wrote:
Notice I never said the bias was right or wrong...but it's there. Whether is comes from the movies, media, or whatever else isn't really the issue.

LEOs who view things in black and white i.e. LEOs are the good guys and everyone else with a weapon is either a potential or actual threat, you make it easy for them when you run around with an AK since an LEO with an AK is going to be a really rare deal. Yes, there is anecdotal evidence of LEOs with self-purchased AK patrol rifles but I doubt they are even 1 in a 1000.

With all that said, if the guy was on his own property this should be a non-issue. But, as has been proven over the last decade or so, it's not yours if the federal government wants to be there. They'll make up a reason and it'll stand up in court because federal judges aren't going to put LEOs behind bars outside of extreme circumstances.

So you think this wouldn't have happened, if he had been carrying a mini14 or a ar15?

Anywhere on the border it's common to see farmers and ranchers with a unique assortment of firearms... And they are almost always armed with something larger than a pistol on their hip. So the fact he "had an ak" is irrelevant... The fact he had any firearm made him the bad guy... On his own property

Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well when I join the militia, I'll just carry my AR that takes AK mags. Best of both worlds.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jayd1981 wrote:
Well when I join the militia, I'll just carry my AR that takes AK mags. Best of both worlds.

:plusone:

will a sig556R count?

how about an ak that shoots 556 ammo? would that be ok too?

Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sig556R isn't truly an AR though. But my hydra is, and in 30 seconds I can switch to .223 or 300AAC

Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jayd1981 wrote:
Sig556R isn't truly an AR though. But my hydra is, and in 30 seconds I can switch to .223 or 300AAC

but from 200 yards, it looks the same... unless you have a massive scope...

Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jayd1981 wrote:

Before you join any formal Militia let me know ...You are welcome into my " shooting " group any time

Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Marine3%er wrote:
jayd1981 wrote:

Before you join any formal Militia let me know ...You are welcome into my " shooting " group any time

Even if I still own my Armalite AR-30?

Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jayd1981 wrote:
Marine3%er wrote:
jayd1981 wrote:

that's questionable :ROFLMAO:

Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Marine3%er wrote:
jayd1981 wrote:
Marine3%er wrote:
jayd1981 wrote:

that's questionable :ROFLMAO:

I'm telling you. 1 shot and you will change your mind about it. Ask Talons and danoh.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I will not take the opinion of either of them. But if you can shoot it well I don't care . I want true patriots that can shoot and believe in the constitution :flag: from your posts over the last few years you are my type of people

Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Soldier_Citizen wrote:
hkcavalier wrote:

So you think this wouldn't have happened, if he had been carrying a mini14 or a ar15?

Anywhere on the border it's common to see farmers and ranchers with a unique assortment of firearms... And they are almost always armed with something larger than a pistol on their hip. So the fact he "had an ak" is irrelevant... The fact he had any firearm made him the bad guy... On his own property

He was not on his own property...that seems to have gotten lost in this. They had permission to be on the property from the landowner.
I can only assume they had some sort of Camo or uniforms from the story. I think it's safe to say the US Border patrol doesn't carry AK's in any form, so the reaction of the border patrol to an individual he encounter's while in pursuit of Illegals may have been based upon the weapon carried by the Militiaman.
If I was trying to assimilate with a group like the BP, I would try to look the part.

On the other hand, if you are on your own property carry whatever the Fuck you want. Either way, the BP agent should not have just opened up on his ass...unless there is more to the story, and there usually is.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next