Shops, Gear, Ranges.. Let others know how your experience was.
Post a reply

slidefire

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:41 pm

saw this at the WAC show over the weekend kind of caught my attention as I saw the grandma shooting they had on video and got a kick out of it.

http://www.slidefire.com/

would you guys recommend it? SFS Marksman Rifle. seems a bit pricey.

and here's daisy :inlove: but not that damn close to a hood

Re: slidefire

Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:03 pm

I'ts been around for a few years now. $270 for AR, $200 for AK version at Cabelas. It would be fun a couple of times, but even with the cheap ammo I shoot it would still be a waste/novelty.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:28 pm

Yup, I'd bumpfire that biach! Oh and the AR was pretty cool too :bigsmile:

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:34 pm

just a gimmick you'd never see on a serious rifle. spend the money on a trigger and shoot damn near as fast and a hell of a lot more accurate (unless you're shooting a trunk lid at 3 yards).

Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:25 am

Shot them a few times. Pretty cool, but would never own one.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:59 am

thanks guys was thinking the same thing, just ammo eater and fun for a few times

Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:39 am

You must've not been paying attention to my slidefire AK review at the a-hole breakfast. Lemme guess, Spike was drowning me out. :bigsmile:

Stock up on AK food and I'll let you shoot mine. thumbsup

Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:31 am

ArmedBear wrote:You must've not been paying attention to my slidefire AK review at the a-hole breakfast. Lemme guess, Spike was drowning me out. :bigsmile:

Stock up on AK food and I'll let you shoot mine. thumbsup

Must have been chatting with oldkim.

Sounds like an a hole breakfast then shoot coming up :bigsmile:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:27 pm

Would only consider this if .22 ammo was readily available.

Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:06 pm

I picked one up a couple years ago just to see if it was a gimmick or the real deal. Turns out it's a little bit of both.

That was a 100-rd mag dump with the Slide-Fire stock and a cheap-o KCI drum. No jams, rifle was very easy to control...I was just spraying all over the place for the hell of it. Rate of fire slows down with the heavy mags...30 rounders empty much faster. If you want to turn heads at the range and have $ to burn on ammo, I think you'd have a blast with this. :AR15firing:

BUT...

Fat chance of shooting your rifle with any sort of precision in "single-shot" mode with this stock on there. The pin that locks it into position on the buffer tube does not do a good job of staying in place during recoil, so the stock moves around a bit and affects your trigger mechanics for follow-up shots. Also, if you have an over-sized trigger guard, the stock won't fit all the way onto your rifle. Finally, the stock is not adjustable to your build, which is a bummer if you're a bigger guy, or prefer greater length of pull. I don't see a sling adapter on mine, either.

In the end, it's a ton of fun if you're just out plinking with your buddies. But I would NEVER, EVER use this stock in an actual firefight.

And don't pay full price for it, either...it's just an injection-molded polymer novelty.

Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:02 am

i've fired a bunch of real MGs and I have a slidefire on my M&P 15-22.

it's close enough to the real thing. mag dumps on a 22lr is always giggle inducing.

plus the slidefire is powered by liberal tears. that alone may be worth it.

it also cured me of any desire to spend money on a real NFA MG.
Post a reply