Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:27 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Guns in Fred Meyer's.... 

I had some time to kill yesterday in Snohomish near Fred Meyer's, so I figured I would just wonder around.... I headed over to the sporting good and icon_eek I see long guns and pistols.. Now, I know that they sell them in stores in other states but was shocked to see one here.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:30 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yup, I have heard there is one or two FM's selling firearms in WA... With more slated!

Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:34 pm
Profile WWW

Downtown puyallup has em'
Looks like UP will have em' when the renovations are finished.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:41 pm

The more people patronize box stores when buying firearms, the more mom and pop stores will go by the wayside.

I prefer purchasing from people I know on a first name basis. I tend to stop by to see the them, not always the guns.

Its kosher that FM is selling guns, no prob there............I just prefer to spend to the extra 10-20 clams to know who I am buying it from, not some $12/hr kid who will be selling toasters in two hours.

Customer service is worth more than rock bottom pricing to me.

Being a loyal customer has paid off in spades more than once. Relationships are typically reciprocal. Doubt the dude at FM gives a shit how my kid/dog/work/life is going.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How's Oskar and the peanuts?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

"For I have always lived violently, drunk hugely, eaten too much or not at all, slept around the clock or missed two nights of sleeping, worked too hard and too long in glory, or slobbed for a time in utter laziness. I’ve lifted, pulled, chopped, climbed, made love with joy and taken my hangovers as a consequence, not as a punishment."
-- John Steinbeck
"Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing."
-- Oscar Wilde
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."
-- Marcus Aurelius
"Now I'm off to check out Drew's dick."
-- MadPick

Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:23 pm

bhpdrew wrote:
How's Oskar and the peanuts?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Excellent. Today was awesome. Tough not to be proud when your kids and dog are the best behaved at the park.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I guess it's all about the bottomline.

Back in the day (almost 20+ years ago) I remember they sold guns at Malls (sporting goods store).

Over the years Walmart started phasing out guns and ammo... now I think a few years back they were one of the leading ammo suppling stores across the nation.

With the condition and state of things (more folks buying firearms) and more shows on TV... it's becoming more main stream and more acceptable as obviously there are more people buying firearms and firearms related products.

Of course, tides can be curbed by some stupid idiot doing a bad thing and it becoming headline national news. I'm hoping there will be a CPL holder near buy to stop them (fast).

Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:40 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Mom and pops will still thrive if they buy and sell used guns, and service the customer well (Cough *Marys* not Cough *RJ's* ). I dont see many Fred Meyers or Wally Words getting into the used market any time soon.....

Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:46 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Stores like Fred Meyer will sell firearms that are made specifically for their market. An inexpensive hunting rifle that's nowhere in the category of a well made Remington, Winchester, Weatherby, etc, top of the line firearm. Likewise you won't see any of the "Custom's" or high end Tactical rifles there either. There will always be a place for the "Mom and Pop" gun shops because they're the ones that will trade, consign, and on top of all that, actually know what they're talking about.

If someone's looking for a $350 hunting rifle, their first ever, they'll shop WalMart or "Freddies". If they want a cheap shotgun to defend the house because they've read about all the crime in the neighborhood, they'll go there too. The rest will go to the "Real" gun shops.

It's just like the Lumber yard in towns where Home Depot's are located. The "Pro's" still go to the lumber yard and the DIY crowd buys the crap at Home Depot. Isn't any different in the Gun market.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

tomy salami wrote:
The more people patronize box stores when buying firearms, the more mom and pop stores will go by the wayside.

I prefer purchasing from people I know on a first name basis. I tend to stop by to see the them, not always the guns.

Its kosher that FM is selling guns, no prob there............I just prefer to spend to the extra 10-20 clams to know who I am buying it from, not some $12/hr kid who will be selling toasters in two hours.

Customer service is worth more than rock bottom pricing to me.

Being a loyal customer has paid off in spades more than once. Relationships are typically reciprocal. Doubt the dude at FM gives a shit how my kid/dog/work/life is going.

10-20 clams.....I can agree with you on that one. I prefer to shop the local/small stores too, but when they start making a difference of $100+, thats when I start reconsidering.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:21 am

Mom and Pops don't get off easy either.

If they want to gouge, treat customers like shit, not back up what they sell, or they don't want to create value for their added price, then they can dream of my money too.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:32 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

deadshot2 wrote:
Stores like Fred Meyer will sell firearms that are made specifically for their market. An inexpensive hunting rifle that's nowhere in the category of a well made Remington, Winchester, Weatherby, etc, top of the line firearm. Likewise you won't see any of the "Custom's" or high end Tactical rifles there either. There will always be a place for the "Mom and Pop" gun shops because they're the ones that will trade, consign, and on top of all that, actually know what they're talking about.

If someone's looking for a $350 hunting rifle, their first ever, they'll shop WalMart or "Freddies". If they want a cheap shotgun to defend the house because they've read about all the crime in the neighborhood, they'll go there too. The rest will go to the "Real" gun shops.

It's just like the Lumber yard in towns where Home Depot's are located. The "Pro's" still go to the lumber yard and the DIY crowd buys the crap at Home Depot. Isn't any different in the Gun market.

^ This post makes a LOT of sense. thumbsup

In 8mmman's "Nostalgia" thread there are a number of statements like, "I used to go to the Bon Marche and buy guns" or "I picked up ammo at Payless." Those days are GONE. However, perhaps seeing guns at Walmart and Fred Meyer is a sign that we're trending back in that direction. I think it's GREAT that guns are appearing in those stores; the more that the general public simply sees guns and ammo, the more they will recognize them as normal and acceptable items to own.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
deadshot2 wrote:

^ This post makes a LOT of sense. thumbsup

In 8mmman's "Nostalgia" thread there are a number of statements like, "I used to go to the Bon Marche and buy guns" or "I picked up ammo at Payless." Those days are GONE. However, perhaps seeing guns at Walmart and Fred Meyer is a sign that we're trending back in that direction. I think it's GREAT that guns are appearing in those stores; the more that the general public simply sees guns and ammo, the more they will recognize them as normal and acceptable items to own.

?what is the Bon Marche?

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:11 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

mash man wrote:
?what is the Bon Marche?

The Bon Marche was a northwest department store chain which became the Bon, which became Bon Macy's when they merged with Macy's, and is which now called just plain Macy's.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
mash man wrote:
?what is the Bon Marche?

The Bon Marche was a northwest department store chain which became the Bon, which became Bon Macy's when they merged with Macy's, and is which now called just plain Macy's.

i am so glad we have old people around here :4couple: :bigsmile:

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next