Shops, Gear, Ranges.. Let others know how your experience was.
Post a reply

Re: Kesselring's going out of business...

Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:44 am

they had over 2000 mising firearms unreported and un accounted. that worries me alot and whats more worriesome is that it took the ATF this long to shut them down. now i managed and trained employees for sporting goods for 3 years never once did i have an unaccounted firearm and we had 200+ guns on hand at all times and 20-100 sales a day and i reviewed every 4473. never had one problem never had a bad audit but i am amazed at the things some places get away with.

Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:01 am

drzensen wrote: we had 200+ guns on hand at all times

At Kesselring's that amount was stored in the rack right inside the front door. They had at least 3 more racks like that on the floor and a wall of guns that went the length and width of the "showroom". That just covered the "Long guns". Pistols filled anther 30 feet of showcase. The basement held another thousand or so firearms.

200 guns? Big Deal!

BTW, 100 gun sales per day? With only 200 in stock? You reviewed each and every 4473? How much time did you take reviewing each 4473, and did you personally check the ID's? If each form took only 5 minutes then those 100 gun sale days (8.3 hours) didn't even give you time to take a crap.

Are you sure you didn't mean "per month"?

Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:44 pm

Auction date set. Keep an eye on James G Murphy's website for more info.

KESSELRING'S GUN SHOP INC.
9AM - WED & THURS - NOVEMBER 18 & 19
Preview 8-10am, Monday & Tuesday, Nov. 16 & 17
Burlington, WA
By Order of Receiver
Retail Guns, Reloading Equipment & Accessories
Preview Coming Soon Catalog & Bidding Coming Soon

Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:10 pm

mcyclonegt wrote:Auction date set. Keep an eye on James G Murphy's website for more info.

Burlington, WA
By Order of Receiver

A sad day in gun shop history. I loved my road trips out to Kesselrings. I have, and will continue, to miss them.

Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:31 am

old11bravo wrote:
mcyclonegt wrote:Auction date set. Keep an eye on James G Murphy's website for more info.

Burlington, WA
By Order of Receiver

A sad day in gun shop history. I loved my road trips out to Kesselrings. I have, and will continue, to miss them.

You can still go there and visit them. Even buy things, just not guns. FWIW, I spent more with them on reloading components than I did on all the guns I bought there.

Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:49 am

I'm confused. I thought they had already auctioned off all the firearms -- maybe last year or so? Is this a second auction on the gun shop stuff or is the "new" Kesselring's also going out of business? Considering the place has been a ghost town since they stopped selling firearms, it wouldn't surprise me if they were done done. That would still unfortunate, though. Kesselring's has been an institution around here.
Post a reply