Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 WAC show this weekend 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No guns this time. Missed a threaded makarov. Doh.
The astra 400 or 600 is weighing on my mind. Steyr hahn too. Those are less common lately though.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rix86 wrote:
There's always deals. There's always the 600 dollar plain Jane 91/30 dumbass too.

If you go regularly (once a month, looking at thousands of guns, oh no, not that) you get to know a lot of the regulars, and can get even better deals.

This times 100000.

Most of the time I just go there for the social aspect of it, kinda like Car Shows.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sometimes I get my knife sharpened...

Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:07 pm

And so the story goes, garage sale shoppers and some "serious people" that know what they are looking for and can negotiate. A lot of vendors are overpriced and haul their stuff from show to show and whine and complain about it.....then there are the few of us that are fair and are willing to pass a deal along. Capitalism at its finest, just open up and start a conversation and you would be surprised at the results, it's part of the process. We are all just trying to make things happen & move product, when I put things on the table it's not a display or exhibit I want to move the stuff, negotiate, nothing is set in stone. If there is no price on what you are looking at, ask! Most people like myself aren't trying to gouge people, just bring things to light and get it in more appreciative hands for the collectors and enthusiasts, I'm not a retailer and don't deal with "nib" products, just trying to have some fun and enjoy the historical aspect and conversation.....just have fun and don't be so serious. As long as everyone walks away happy, mission accomplished. See you in Spokane, I want to see something different! Out

Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:37 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

urbanminer wrote:
And so the story goes, garage sale shoppers and some "serious people" that know what they are looking for and can negotiate. A lot of vendors are overpriced and haul their stuff from show to show and whine and complain about it.....then there are the few of us that are fair and are willing to pass a deal along. Capitalism at its finest, just open up and start a conversation and you would be surprised at the results, it's part of the process. We are all just trying to make things happen & move product, when I put things on the table it's not a display or exhibit I want to move the stuff, negotiate, nothing is set in stone. If there is no price on what you are looking at, ask! Most people like myself aren't trying to gouge people, just bring things to light and get it in more appreciative hands for the collectors and enthusiasts, I'm not a retailer and don't deal with "nib" products, just trying to have some fun and enjoy the historical aspect and conversation.....just have fun and don't be so serious. As long as everyone walks away happy, mission accomplished. See you in Spokane, I want to see something different! Out

Spot on assessment...
I have people make offers all of the time. I am not insulted or "put off" by it.
It is simply part of the process.
People need to shop around before they make their purchases.
I had a gentleman walk by who was carrying a new S&W M&P Sport II AR that he just purchased.
He slowly walked by my tables and about lost it when he saw my exact same model priced at $560 when he just, 20 minutes earlier, paid $625.

Whining is also part of the "Gunshow" culture.... :bigsmile:

Nitro Products
FFL Dealer
SOT Dealer

Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some of the beast deals at the WAC show never take place within the building :peep:

Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
Some of the beast deals at the WAC show never take place within the building :peep:

You can't prove a thing.
I'll never talk. :wink05:

Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3