General Chit-Chat, comments etc
Post a reply

Re: Time to give 'em a taste of their own medicine...

Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:50 pm

Shit, I had no idea that statue was so big!

Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:53 pm

mmalleck wrote:Sounds like the statue is for sale. Start a GoFundMe to buy it and sell it for scrap.

How much?

Link?

Go fund me sounds great.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:58 pm

L_O_G wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
hkcavalier wrote:let's not act like assholes just because the other team is.

Thank you

This is where I stand also. Why stoop to their level?

I agree.

To a point.

You can't just take everything they do, and never give them consequences. Are you pacifist? On a gun forum?

If they take that memorial down by force, (the one in the cemetery), then all bets are off for how long the lenin statue stands.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:16 pm

danoh wrote:
mmalleck wrote:Sounds like the statue is for sale. Start a GoFundMe to buy it and sell it for scrap.

How much?

Link?

Go fund me sounds great.

Asking price was $250k back in 2015.

It was listed in the Wikipedia article and mentioned in the TV segment.

With this news cycle - you could raise $250k in a few days if it takes off.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:22 pm

While we are at it, why not burn and destroy all your German, Russian, and Japenese WWII relics? Throw those evil K98s in the fires and forges. Chop up those evil Mosins and Arisakas.

I swear the world has gone mad, and in an era of highly educated people or access to information it is inexcusable.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:24 pm

mmalleck wrote:
danoh wrote:

How much?

Link?

Go fund me sounds great.

Asking price was $250k back in 2015.

It was listed in the Wikipedia article and mentioned in the TV segment.

With this news cycle - you could raise $250k in a few days if it takes off.

Start a GoFundMe page that says the DNC wants to send the statue back to Putin for trying to interfere with the election under a zero tolerance for influence banner......

Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:15 pm

Try again. This is private property on private property.

And while we're at it - explain to me why this is remotely connected to the removal of ahistorical participation trophies for some slave-owning traitors who lost a war?

Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:23 pm

Benja455 wrote:And while we're at it - explain to me why this is remotely connected to the removal of ahistorical participation trophies for some slave-owning traitors who lost a war?

Both represent countries who were mortal enemies of the U.S., no?

Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:55 pm

Benja455 wrote:Try again.

That's how solyanik and kfsteven used to start their retorts. It's beneath you man.
This is private property on private property.

If I put up a giant statue of Hitler on my property should the public be expected to remain silent?
And while we're at it - explain to me why this is remotely connected to the removal of ahistorical participation trophies for some gun-owning traitors who lost a war?

I edited that just as an example. Say the government turned on us and tried to remove our gun rights. We joined together and fought back as a united rebellion but lost. Would you rather they made no *ahistorical participation trophies" to commemorate our fight? See how easy it can be to end up on the wrong side of history?

Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:20 am

Benja455 wrote:Try again. This is private property on private property.

And while we're at it - explain to me why this is remotely connected to the removal of ahistorical participation trophies for some slave-owning traitors who lost a war?

Please don't defend communism. It's sickening.

For the record I don't give a flip about some statue. Is this the size of the fish we are frying? Yes, I understand I wouldn't want to live on Stalin or Mao street, any more than I would want to live on Davis or Lee street. If the people in the area vote to change the name of a park, then change the name and so on. Just mobs tearing statues down, well that crosses that rule of law line.

What about black people named Washington, Lee, Davis, Jefferson, Sherman, etc?? Some point you need to let it go. It's called HISTORY. Learn from it. Don't let it eat your brain and don't let this shit be a driver for communist thugs.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:06 am

ummm....evil? Communism IS SLAVERY in addition they killed more than 100 Million people in the 20th century

Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:30 am

Still waiting to hear from those who think the Confederate statutes should come down why we leave FDR's name on our streets, bridges, schools, etc, after his horrifying racist actions.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:50 am

Duke EB wrote:
Pablo wrote:Communism is right. We will beat you to prove it. And kill you to make you remember.

Any one who thinks communism will "work this time" should chat with the folks I know.

Communist jokes are not funny unless everyone gets it! Lol.
Seriously though,Communism will never work

Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:00 am

It's logically consistent is it not? If the left wants to see statues of oppressors and murderers taken down, why does Lenin get to stand? Those trying to point this out by threatening removal of Lenin are just trying to force them to be logically consistent.

Furthermore, Lenin is a target directly because the core groups behind much of these Confederate protests are well known communist agitators, the media is simply unwilling to admit it. BLM, Antifa, etc. all demand referendums towards communism, and even say so if you spend the time to read their demands. Who better to target then but a hero of the revolution?

For the record I don't think Lenin should be taken down (even though I think the statue is absurd) for reasons that have already been discussed. History should not be whitewashed because it hurts some feels.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:58 am

sinus211 wrote:
Benja455 wrote:Try again.

That's how solyanik and kfsteven used to start their retorts. It's beneath you man.
This is private property on private property.

If I put up a giant statue of Hitler on my property should the public be expected to remain silent?
And while we're at it - explain to me why this is remotely connected to the removal of ahistorical participation trophies for some gun-owning traitors who lost a war?

I edited that just as an example. Say the government turned on us and tried to remove our gun rights. We joined together and fought back as a united rebellion but lost. Would you rather they made no *ahistorical participation trophies" to commemorate our fight? See how easy it can be to end up on the wrong side of history?

History is written by the winners.
Post a reply