Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 10:05 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 suicide @ wca last night 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The eastside West Coast armory had a suicide last night.
Employees will not comment on it but did ask how people heard of it. As such suicides are common and the media do not to give credibility to the individual (just like sports streakers), the stress on these employees is no less.
I don't know what (if anything) can be done as a group, but I am sure that letting them know (at a later date) that your thoughts are with them.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's not good. At least no one else was injured.

One thing I have learned in the last year or two is how frequent suicides really are.....

Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:02 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yhea, I had heard about that but refrained from posting until it was confirmed. Sucks, that's for sure.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:09 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A co-worker of mine just did this last week. Another ex co-worker did about a month ago. Never would have guessed that they would have done it either. Totally out of the blue. The mess made after such an event isn't a pretty sight.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sissyboy wrote:
A co-worker of mine just did this last week. Another ex co-worker did about a month ago. Never would have guessed that they would have done it either. Totally out of the blue. The mess made after such an event isn't a pretty sight.

Jezus! What do you do for a living?

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:37 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm a diesel mechanic. I don't think it's work related. There is just some strange voodoo going on in the world right now.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sissyboy wrote:

I guess you are one pain in the butt to work with :ROFLMAO:

Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think that would be obvious.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Eastside, Issaquah? I was at the Bellevue location 2 hours ago and asked. They stated "NOPE, Not here!!" They had heard the rumor too and was wondering who started it. Been a member there for years (lifetime Gold) and shoot the breeze with the guys often.
Hell, the libertard news would have been all over this especally considering this would support the concept that all guns are evil...
Do ya really think this wouldn't make the local news? :hook1:

Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've lost count of the number of friends who have killed themselves. Some less surprising, others very surprising. Depression can be very well hidden. Now I am more involved with dealing with suicides directly (recovering bodies), and it has really raised my awareness of how frequently. There are some common themes, though I am not a psychologist. I also wondered if it was better covered in the press, that it would reduce the rate, because people would try to get help for friends/family knowing how often it happens. (I don't buy the copycat argument)

Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:50 pm

[edit: nevermind, was at wade's in 97-98] a friend at work told me about it. she and her male friend were there practicing and he just put it in his mouth and done. right in front of her.

last year a coworker(1) did it too. was at another coworkers(2) house. coworker1 wanted coworker2 to show him how guns work, so he did. with that basic training, coworker2 popped in the mag, racked the slide and put it to his head. right in front of him.

US Constitution: VOID where prohibited by law.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

http://bellevue.patch.com/articles/man- ... fety-class

Quote:
A man committed suicide by shooting himself in the head at West Coast Armory's Range and Gun Shop during a lesson on Sunday, authorities said.

Bellevue Police spokeswoman Officer Carla Iafrate said that it appeared to be a planned suicide and no one else was injured. The King County Medical Examiner confirmed that the 50-year-old man killed himself with a handgun.

The man was taking a gun safety class, which provided the guns and ammunition to the students as part of the class, Iafrate said.

Last edited by gogodawgs on Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Classic, sounds like someone lied to you bro.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

gogodawgs wrote:
http://bellevue.patch.com/articles/man-commits-suicide-at-bellevue-gun-safety-class

Quote:
A man committed suicide by shooting himself in the head at West Coast Armory's Range and Gun Shop during a lesson on Sunday, authorities said.

Bellevue Police spokeswoman Officer Carla Iafrate said that it appeared to be a planned suicide and no one else was injured. The King County Medical Examiner confirmed that the 50-year-old man killed himself with a handgun.

The man was taking a gun safety class, which provided the guns and ammunition to the students as part of the class, Iafrate said.

I have no sympathy for this SOB. I'm told there were minors present to witness this.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:51 pm

quantsuff wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
http://bellevue.patch.com/articles/man-commits-suicide-at-bellevue-gun-safety-class

Quote:

I have no sympathy for this SOB. I'm told there were minors present to witness this.

That seems to be the word on the street.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next