Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:52 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 If you don't like the price on something fine, BUT... 

wklink wrote:
Unicorn I'm sure you remember the old soldier's saying that if someone isn't bitching they aren't happy.

Your prices, as far as I have seen, have been competitive. I might find something cheaper someplace else and I might not. Part of the reason you go to a place like I5 is for the knowledge base that is there as well as for the products. I have no problem with Cabellas or any large store but the customer service can be hit or miss at times, especially if you are looking for something that is not commonly sold. You and Tom have always been helpful with any questions that I have had, you have always treated my wife with respect and have never been condescending to her when she asks questions that may seem somewhat odd. This is a big plus as far as I am concerned and part of the reason that I come into the shop from time to time, even if it may cost me a few dollars more.

This is a bit embarassing, but I don't know your face. I don't we've actually exchanged screen names so I might see you everyday and not even know you're a member here.

But thanks for that. We all try to act like how we'd want to be treated, or our friends and families to be treated when they walk in the door.

I guess there's always someone though. These two today... I didn't even get the chance to be the asshole one guy called me. I was explaining to his buddy that it was a used gun, on consignment so we didn't really control the price, and that if he found a new one at a better price he should get it. We always tell people that. If it's a new gun for the same price, or the same gun new or used for a significant savings then go for it. Everyone is looking for the best value I hope. It'll just be a learning event for us.

Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unicorn wrote:
Even from the same distributor prices can vary. Or direct from the manufacturer. I know a place that sold so many DPMS rifles that they were able to sell them for less than other shops paid wholesale.

In this case, it was a used gun on consignment so the seller set the price mostly. It seemed within reason, if at the higher end. If it doesn't sell, he'll likely come down eventually.

Wait what?

You got bitched at about a price you don't control whatsoever?

Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unicorn wrote:
wklink wrote:
Unicorn I'm sure you remember the old soldier's saying that if someone isn't bitching they aren't happy.

Your prices, as far as I have seen, have been competitive. I might find something cheaper someplace else and I might not. Part of the reason you go to a place like I5 is for the knowledge base that is there as well as for the products. I have no problem with Cabellas or any large store but the customer service can be hit or miss at times, especially if you are looking for something that is not commonly sold. You and Tom have always been helpful with any questions that I have had, you have always treated my wife with respect and have never been condescending to her when she asks questions that may seem somewhat odd. This is a big plus as far as I am concerned and part of the reason that I come into the shop from time to time, even if it may cost me a few dollars more.

This is a bit embarassing, but I don't know your face. I don't we've actually exchanged screen names so I might see you everyday and not even know you're a member here.

But thanks for that. We all try to act like how we'd want to be treated, or our friends and families to be treated when they walk in the door.

I guess there's always someone though. These two today... I didn't even get the chance to be the asshole one guy called me. I was explaining to his buddy that it was a used gun, on consignment so we didn't really control the price, and that if he found a new one at a better price he should get it. We always tell people that. If it's a new gun for the same price, or the same gun new or used for a significant savings then go for it. Everyone is looking for the best value I hope. It'll just be a learning event for us.

No worries. I think the last time I was in there was when I had an old P-38 shipped from Illinois. We've chatted but it's not like I am a regular that comes into the place.

Dealing with people like that is pretty much the price of doing business. You can be as helpful as can be but if you don't give them exactly what they want, when they want it, then they become upset and it is your fault. There isn't much you can do to please these kinds of folks.

'The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing.'

Adolf Hitler

Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It has always amused the hell out of me how some folks will get all twisted about 50 bucks on some trivial bullshit, while buying a new car every couple years, smoking cigarettes, drinking fancy coffee every day, and never making an extra payment on their home mortgage. All of which will save thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars over a few years. If they didn't do all these things, they could buy all the guns and ammo they want. People are fucking retarded.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mcyclonegt wrote:
It has always amused the hell out of me how some folks will get all twisted about 50 bucks on some trivial bullshit, while buying a new car every couple years, smoking cigarettes, drinking fancy coffee every day, and never making an extra payment on their home mortgage. All of which will save thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars over a few years. If they didn't do all these things, they could buy all the guns and ammo they want. People are fucking retarded.

fixd it

Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The only thing I remember from the book ThevLittle Red Book of Sales is the line....
"Cheap bastards are a pain in the ass".

Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2