Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:56 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 4144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 252 ... 277  Next
 what did you cook today thread 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This was the first time I cooked anything on the BBQ this year. Yeah I know, what the hell good have I been doing?
Boneless pork ribs, Au gratin potatoes, corn on the cob, pineapple/cottage cheese and croissants. We gonna have some tasty leftovers tomorrow. :thumbsup2:

Attachment:
A036AF3C-41DC-45DD-AC8C-3B44261A0D36.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

pineapple cottage cheese :thumbsup2: haven't had that in awhile. gotta try cottage cheese and papaya.

Linguica, Kale & Red & white Bean Soup few potatoes little garlic and Cayenne pepper give a nice heat to it

Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:35 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

My goal is to marry cmica. I want to eat what he cooks.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:ROFLMAO:

Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:11 pm

I smoked up two pork chops tonight.... I got stuck on the fone chatting with an old college buddy that I haven't talked to for 15-20 years for 3.5 HOURS (after ~1.5 hours into the cook).... thank god I went out and turned the grill off - an on - an off - and then finished it well after the smoke tube burned out....

Attachment:
20230606_205749.jpg

Still turned out juicy and tasty!!!!!! I did something right tonight.... :thumbsup2:
Just chops and coleslaw... no timer or gumption for anything else.... and I'm out of beer.

I didn't have no thermometer on it either....

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:00 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

JohnMBrowning wrote:

I know. :wink05:

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:51 am

MadPick wrote:
JohnMBrowning wrote:

I know. :wink05:

No probing either.... Honestly --- I would keep checking it while I was on the phone --- poking it with my finger to feel how 'stiff' the meat was getting.... as it started to firm up, I would turn the heat off and just let it eat smoke. Then after ~half hour-45 I'd turn the heat on low again for 20-30 --- finger it again and turn it off when 'right'....

Its all about gut instinct and feel.... My man card has many punches :bigsmile: No stars....

I've got to say too --- SPG is working really well - I picked up a jar a while back that I haven't used because its pretty fine grained and was worried about over salting it... I've since been using a salt shaker to make sure it comes out controlled and evenly and its working really good with 3-4 hour sit in the fridge. Of course I always add a good dose of freshly cracked pepper to it too! At some point I'm gonna have to pick up some season salt or some Lawrys....

I did an almost same sauce as the sirloins a couple night ago -- teriyaki, fresh ginger, boysenberry jelly (I was out of blueberry syrup) and almond butter.... Goddammmm GOOD!!!! If you guys aren't adding peanut butter or almond butter to your glazes or bbq sauces ----- you REALLY need to!!!! (its the only way I'm gonna use up this almond butter). Of course I made up a bit too much sauce for the two chops, so they were pretty heavily glazed..... but there is nothing wrong with that!

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....

Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

stompah wrote:
Made some refrigerator pickles and spicy pickled carrots. One set of carrots has 2 jalapenos and the other has one habanero. I bought 4 habaneros, tested one. It was a good one so only used one as I didn't want to over power the carrots with only heat.

I will update this weekend.

Yeah, so I see no reason to ever buy pickles again.

The vinegar taste has mellowed quite a bit. Now I am hit with a full and garlic flavor. Just what I wanted.

I'm going to have to make some pickle chips for burgers now.

JMB, those chops look scrumptious.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:thumbsup2:

Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:42 pm

stompah wrote:

JMB, those chops look scrumptious.

Thanks! They WERE really good! I'll say..... I've been keeping to some really basic seasonings that are really pretty cheap - doctoring up myself when/where needed - and concentrating more on time/temp/smoke along with a nice bbq/glaze to go with it. I'm actually trying to cut back on the amount of glaze/sugars.... but dammit - I always mix up more than is needed for the cook - but at least I'm just winging it by using stuff that needs to go in the fridge and pantry to make it different each time. My neighbor is a chef.... she gave me a pork rib over Memorial weekend that was JUST seasoning --- NO sauce whatsoever that was just MINDBLOWING!!!! Its telling me that I need to up my seasoning game (not that I've been disappointed with my standards) and see if I can start to minimize the reliance on glazes and bbq sauces.... I refuse to go out and pay $7-15 for rubs hoping that they will be good --- I need to start/learn how to mix up my own to something that is incredible - the cheap stuff that I pick up is actually a good 'base' to add to - all the basics for $1.25 for 10 oz - add cumin/ginger/cinnamon or what ever else sounds good - its not that hard, I just have to find those secret flavors that are missing. Hell, even some Lawrys or Johnny Salt or some $store/GO season salt would make just as good of a base at this point. I'm trying to work up the justification to get a BIG bottle of Saizon seasoning from GO for $6 --- but I always hesitate buying spices in 'five year quantities' without knowing if I'm going to like it..... I've got alot of single spices in the cupboard that I really don't know how to use the way it is..... But I've got a new quest --- search for new spices and seasonings (that won't break the bank) and try to minimize the sugary glazes! The $store SPG (its actually called 'garlic pepper' and has some sugar and oregano in it) is really pretty GOOD. Time for some 'season salt' that has paprika....

Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Too tall, weird-looking hamburgers were tonight's main course.

Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How’d it taste?

What made it turn out talk & weird? :bigsmile:

Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
I smoked up two pork chops tonight.... I got stuck on the fone chatting with an old college buddy that I haven't talked to for 15-20 years for 3.5 HOURS (after ~1.5 hours into the cook).... thank god I went out and turned the grill off - an on - an off - and then finished it well after the smoke tube burned out....

damn

good, what i dont get is chefs/ cooks don't use em, you learn by tenderness and chicken too. grill temps I don't rely on either on charcoal or pellet grills. lets say eggs on a stove there no temp you judge by how your egg looks

anyways late night snack... beef egg mixed with corn, chips, toasted bun and pretty sure I had ham and cheese pickled mayo

Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:15 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

cmica wrote:
good, what i dont get is chefs/ cooks don't use em, you learn by tenderness and chicken too.

That's like telling a mechanic, "Don't use the tire pressure gauge, you should be able to tell when it's right by looking at the tire" or "You don't need that torque wrench, just feel how tight it is."

Sure, you can do it that way, and some people do. But why would you, when you have the tool available to make sure that you're getting it right?

Yesterday I made some keto pizzas in the air fryer:

Low-carb tortilla, a smear of homemade pizza sauce, onions, pepperoni, a couple of cheeses and some of the "pepperoni pizza sausage" that I made a few weeks back. Not too much work, and quite tasty. I had it for lunch and dinner, and today is looking promising for more. :wink05:

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Garlic Butter Sauteed Spot Prawns & Eggs

Same day as harvest.

Delish.

Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 252 ... 277  Next