Switch to full style
Let's talk about anything food- or drink-related, whether it be home cooking, bars or restaurants!
Post a reply

Re: Huckleberry Licorice

Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:19 am

Why mess with licorice? #blacklicoricematters! Once you go black, there is no need to go back.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:57 am

Does this yummy licorice candy work better for enticing children into your van better than ice cream bars and sour patch gummies?

Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:05 am

Is it just me or does it seem odd that the place to make them is in MN? I thought huckleberry's were a Rockies only plant but the factory is in midwest. guess I am surprised it is not a Western candy Co making it, shocked people in MN even know Huckleberry's exist, let alone make candy from it.

Fresh off the branch they are a great snack to nibble on while hunting/scouting.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:07 am

After reading the ingredients, I can see why they are addictive. The only ingredient that I know what it is, is apple juice.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:42 am

dreadi wrote:After reading the ingredients, I can see why they are addictive. The only ingredient that I know what it is, is apple juice.

Do you want to live forever? :zombie:

I eat pretty well, but leave room for some junk in moderation. Life is no fun without some chemicals mixed in your diet. icon_eek

Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:01 pm

Jagerbomber35 wrote:I'll take a pack when I see you next week. Huckleberry is the king of all berries!

Kyle if you like Huckleberry the Country Store as you leave Sedro going up 20 (just past the Dairy Queen) sells Huckleberry and Green Apple Licorice there. It is a different brand but it is local.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:09 pm

lionhrt wrote:
Jagerbomber35 wrote:I'll take a pack when I see you next week. Huckleberry is the king of all berries!

Kyle if you like Huckleberry the Country Store as you leave Sedro going up 20 (just past the Dairy Queen) sells Huckleberry and Green Apple Licorice there. It is a different brand but it is local.

If they had Keystone Light flavored licorice then Kyle would be on it like stink on crap.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:15 pm

dreadi wrote:After reading the ingredients, I can see why they are addictive. The only ingredient that I know what it is, is apple juice.

It doesn't contain Huckleberry or Licorice. Awesome!!

Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:54 am

Tried all the truck stops I could find within a 45 mile radius of me and no huckleberry or other fruit flavored licorice.

Very disappointing.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:51 am

scorpion rider wrote:Tried all the truck stops I could find within a 45 mile radius of me and no huckleberry or other fruit flavored licorice.

Very disappointing.

6zz scooped em up...knew I should have stopped by and raid his cache

Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:13 am

scorpion rider wrote:Tried all the truck stops I could find within a 45 mile radius of me and no huckleberry or other fruit flavored licorice.

Very disappointing.

Zombie to the rescue......Ill grab you a bag this week and get them in the mail.

PM me your addy.

Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:26 am

I want to thank zombie 66.

He offered to send me a pack of this very addicting licorice. I offered to pay for them and the shipping, but he wouldn’t take my money. This once again shows what a great community of people we have here. :thumbsup2:

The licorice is just what he described. I found 1/3 of it gone shortly after I got the package. I had to put them in the back of my company van so I didn’t eat them all. I’m glad I couldn't find them locally, I would have gained another 10 pounds I don’t need.

Thanks again.

Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:04 am

scorpion rider wrote:I want to thank zombie 66.

He offered to send me a pack of this very addicting licorice. I offered to pay for them and the shipping, but he wouldn’t take my money. This once again shows what a great community of people we have here. :thumbsup2:

The licorice is just what he described. I found 1/3 of it gone shortly after I got the package. I had to put them in the back of my company van so I didn’t eat them all. I’m glad I couldn't find them locally, I would have gained another 10 pounds I don’t need.

Thanks again.

Haaa haaa Im glad you liked them

Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:47 am

zombie66 wrote:Why do they name a Truck Stop “Loves”?

Because the truckers that chug soda out of their 64oz cups, have a gut and bad blood circulation sometimes fall in love with a lot lizard.
Post a reply