Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 MSG 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
jackass wrote:
An exitotoxin. Most things at KFC apply. A lot of fast food.

https://foodbabe.com/starthere/

https://foodbabe.com/chemical-warfare-w ... al-flavor/

https://foodbabe.com/ingredients-to-avoid/

Why are people so obese and sick nowadays?

I don't know that foodbabe is such a good source for health & nutrition info.

She's a former banker, and had exposes done n her by many, including Forbes & NPR.

When people do a story, she rushes to delete their references.

Lots of online critiques, here's one:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/take-away ... -meltdown/

Ad hominem attacks. What about what she says is not true?

Investigating the food and chemical industries, especially GMOs, does not make friends for you.

My degree is in computer science also. But I have an interest in maintaining my health, reading books, try different things. Do I need an accredited class that I sleep thru to prove I "know" something? Especially a big pharma approved medical course?

Is getting rid of chemicals that are prohibited in other countries a bad idea? Or getting companies to disclose what is really in their food? Or getting rid of cheap chemicals that may be causing reactions in people?

Is your mechanic ASE certified? Or do you go somewhere where you know they'll do it right?

Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you read that and saw no issues, fine.

If you researched all the other complaints about her, and were comfortable, fine.

She's a flaming lib, and NPR & others have issues with her.

If you want to trust her, knock yourself out.

If your defense of her has to involve my mechanic, not sure that's so great.

I'm glad you have your degree, and glad you research things for your health. I hope you live a long, healthy life.

That doesn't mean you are now qualified to make proclamations to the world that could affect someone's health, or livelihood, as she does.

And to have been disproven so often, means one should pipe down, not expand because you have a lot of FB followers.

She's making money off of people's fears, and is no better than the companies she rails against.

I am in no way pro-Pharma, or pro-Agribusiness...there are rants on here years ago from me about how appalling it was that a Monsanto exec was previously put in charge of the FDA....

Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:12 pm

-A sure sign of America's prosperity, that her citizens can reject readily available food.

-A sure sign of America's stupidity, that movements like this have traction at all.

https://gawker.com/the-food-babe-blogge ... 1694902226

Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

roofkorean wrote:
-A sure sign of America's prosperity, that her citizens can reject readily available food.

-A sure sign of America's stupidity, that movements like this have traction at all.

https://gawker.com/the-food-babe-blogge ... 1694902226

An astute perspective RK :cheers2:

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not sure this thread is about rejecting food, just an additive that some are allergic to.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am older and had physical health issues, but natural remedies and healthy eating helped immensely.

If you want to eat fast and other processed foods, go for it. I can't say I never do it, but I do not make it a habit.

Why are people so sick, fat and lethargic in America?

This is what I take daily to assist. No amount of natural foods can be eaten to get your daily requirements.
https://youngofficial.com/product/young ... tangerine/
With this I can maintain a physical lifestyle to include running.

The Dorito Effect
http://www.markschatzker.com/doritoeffect-home-page

You are your own boss. Choose wisely.

Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was disagreeing with your source of information, not the idea of eating healthier.

You like to keep switching directions, I guess that's easier than dealing with what's posted...kudos...

I'm glad you're getting favorable results from Youngevity, despite it getting in trouble for both the health claims, and income possibility claims, as a MLM scheme, which the president of it apologized for.

You could probably get a lot of the ingredients cheaper if you weren't also paying up-chain distributors, too...

One of many articles about them,though you'll change the topic again...

https://www.truthinadvertising.org/what ... oungevity/

Either way, glad you're feeling better & able to run :thumbsup2:

Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For me, MSG has zero effect on the food, or on me. Nothing tastes any different with the stuff in it, and I never have any side effects.

Even bought a jar of the stuff once, and tried copious amounts of it in different foods.

Doesn't even make as much difference as a tiny bit of salt does.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
You like to keep switching directions, I guess that's easier than dealing with what's posted...kudos...

I'm not going to dwell on something that I know we are not going to agree on. Or try to be argumentative.

I don't like Youngevity's marketing. And I especially hate their website. But their product is awesome.

ADDED:
I retired from the Army in 2010. I had arthritis so bad I couldn't do stairs and it hurt driving for long periods. People told me to take pain meds. I heard the Youngevity infomercial (gasp!) late 2010 and took a chance on a can. After a week I felt better, and six mos. later I was back running with zero pain meds. If you have a better solution, I'm all ears. But for $60/can plus tax (last about a month), it's cheap.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Been busy and checked up Food Babe, awesome site. Interesting talk.

https://foodbabe.com/the-video-i-was-afraid-to-show-you/

Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:33 pm

I have Celiac disease so I have to watch for MSG too. I do not feel tired when I eat it........ my gut gets contact dermititus. Think of eating a brillow pad and passing it through your gut. My doctors had been treating me for IBS for ten years with no results. As a result of ten years of poor doctors my gut lacks much of the villi and I have segments that are badly scared. I eat what I can and augment with suppliments that I get from my chiropractor/nutritionist.

Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hartcreek wrote:
I have Celiac disease so I have to watch for MSG too. I do not feel tired when I eat it........ my gut gets contact dermititus. Think of eating a brillow pad and passing it through your gut. My doctors had been treating me for IBS for ten years with no results. As a result of ten years of poor doctors my gut lacks much of the villi and I have segments that are badly scared. I eat what I can and augment with suppliments that I get from my chiropractor/nutritionist.

Have they checked your pancreas?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2