Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:53 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 The best breakfast hot sauce isnt Tabasco 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Blair’s megadeath is what I put on my breakfast to get a good kick and wake myself up. I love most of Blair’s hot sauce though. Also mad dog 357 is good for a light hot sauce, it has a little bit of a sweet taste to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:31 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

All right, you bastards. I was at Safeway today and bought a bottle of Crystal ... will see if it meets the hype!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hot Ones original hands down. It went great with everything, especially fish tacos. I don't know if the Classic version they have now is the same as the original one, but I plan on ordering it so I'll find out. I also like Dank Sauce for a good green sauce. Melindas is a solid pick with any of their sauces, great flavor. Iguana Gold is good for a sweet heat with low heat.

Toasted Thomas everything bagel, a slice of Tillimook sharp cheese on each side, hash brown patty on the top, bbqed brat from the night before cut into thirds lengthwise and cooked in the pan till brown on both sides placed on bottom half, with a fried egg of your preference on top of the brats (I prefer over easy), hot sauce on top of egg, place hashbrown top end on top and you have a kick ass killer breakfast sandwich.

If you want to go full monty style add some sautéed mushrooms and a slice of ham and thin slices of tomatoes. Yes I've done this, and yes it is still excellent. :drool:

Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wetpaperbag wrote:
Hot Ones original hands down. It went great with everything, especially fish tacos. I don't know if the Classic version they have now is the same as the original one, but I plan on ordering it so I'll find out. I also like Dank Sauce for a good green sauce. Melindas is a solid pick with any of their sauces, great flavor. Iguana Gold is good for a sweet heat with low heat.

Toasted Thomas everything bagel, a slice of Tillimook sharp cheese on each side, hash brown patty on the top, bbqed brat from the night before cut into thirds lengthwise and cooked in the pan till brown on both sides placed on bottom half, with a fried egg of your preference on top of the brats (I prefer over easy), hot sauce on top of egg, place hashbrown top end on top and you have a kick ass killer breakfast sandwich.

If you want to go full monty style add some sautéed mushrooms and a slice of ham and thin slices of tomatoes. Yes I've done this, and yes it is still excellent. :drool:

I like how you think.

Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:40 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is Sriracha not classy enough to be in here? I use it on all kinds of stuff. Mixed with mayo is great.

I use a ton of the HuyFong Ground Chili Paste and the Garlic Chili Sauce too.

Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I use Adoboloco Hamajang smoked ghost pepper as my go-to sauce now, but I like the heat of ghost peppers.

https://adoboloco.com/shop/hamajang/

Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
Is Sriracha not classy enough to be in here? I use it on all kinds of stuff. Mixed with mayo is great.

I use a ton of the HuyFong Ground Chili Paste and the Garlic Chili Sauce too.

No, those are great :thumbsup2:

I use the Sambal Oelek a lot in sauces...

Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:42 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Here are some good suggestions:
1. https://heathotsauce.com/products/homeboys-habanero
2. https://heatonist.com/collections/hot-ones-hot-sauces/products/bravado-black-garlic-reaper?variant=12117387968628
3. https://heathotsauce.com/collections/hot-ones/products/ghost-pepper-and-blueberry-hot-sauce

I suggestion you make a hot sauce purchase one a quarter. This gives you time to enjoy them in different meals. Also, I got over 40 at one point in time. They don't last forever, so don't dive in head first. Especially at $10+ a bottle. Pace yourself.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:09 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

spaghetti monster wrote:
Mediumrarechicken wrote:
Mr. Q wrote:
Haven’t tried that hot sauce, but Secret Aardvark habanero and green hot sauce are my favorites!!
Definitely will try this one out!!

SA habanero is the other breakfast one too. That's an all time favorite hot sauce.
Their serrano Chile one was disappointing to say the least.

I actually like the serrano SA. Yellowbird is pretty good too. If you like habanero try el yucateco. The carribean is the best.

https://www.amazon.com/El-Yucateco-Haba ... B0000GHNUE

I see Malinda's in that picture. One of my favorites.

Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mtnwkr wrote:
spaghetti monster wrote:
Mediumrarechicken wrote:
Mr. Q wrote:
Haven’t tried that hot sauce, but Secret Aardvark habanero and green hot sauce are my favorites!!
Definitely will try this one out!!

SA habanero is the other breakfast one too. That's an all time favorite hot sauce.
Their serrano Chile one was disappointing to say the least.

I actually like the serrano SA. Yellowbird is pretty good too. If you like habanero try el yucateco. The carribean is the best.

https://www.amazon.com/El-Yucateco-Haba ... B0000GHNUE

I see Malinda's in that picture. One of my favorites.

Yes Melindas is one of my tops too, the scotch bonnet is my favorite.

That pic was pretty old so I took an updated on today. I like hot sauce.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I see you have some peri-peri sauce in the mix, one of my all time favorites. I wish we had a Nando's Chicken somewhere close, I hate having to fly to Malaysia to get a fix. I also see a few more of my favorites, Cajun Sunshine is always good. Not a big fan of Cholula, not sure why, but it just doesn't hit my taste buds right for some reason.

Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:36 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thats cholula sweet habanero. Much better than the original. The peri peri is not one of my favorites straight up but I like it when making a sauce or marinade.

Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

spaghetti monster wrote:
Thats cholula sweet habanero. Much better than the original. The peri peri is not one of my favorites straight up but I like it when making a sauce or marinade.

Slightly off topic: While transiting across the Malaysian / Singaporean border the the last time we were there, the Singaporean customs agent repeatedly asked me about "the bottle of booze" in my biggest piece of luggage. I had no idea what he was talking about, I know very well not to bring booze across the border into Singapore, there's no way I'd have any in my bag. He kept insisting that I had a bottle in there, so I told him to search my bag. Apparently this was a good enough answer and he just waved me on without ever even opening my bag and while mystified what he'd been on about, I promptly forgot about it. We were in Singapore for a few more days, and then I flew home alone, Rita stayed behind to spend more time with her family. Got home, didn't unpack for several days, but finally got around to it after the jet lag wore off. Finally got down to the bottom of that same bag, and there was a big bottle of Nando's peri-peri sauce I'd completely forgotten about. I'd packed it in between the ribs that the extend-o-matic pull handle telescopes out of so it wouldn't get broken, so it was a deep in the suitcase as it could possibly be. It wasn't for another hour or so that I remembered the weird conversation about booze with the Singaporean customs guy and realized what he'd seen on his x-ray machine. I'm still surprised he didn't search my bag. Sometimes being a gwai-lo in SE Asia has it's benefits I guess.

Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:53 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
It's actually El yucateco green jalapeno. It's not very spicy, nothing like the other hot sauces they sell. So you can use a lot for flavor. It's the best green hot sauce for sure

https://www.hotsauce.com/el-yucateco-ja ... 7AQAvD_BwE

Totally agreed.

But with eggs.... Scrambled and served half and half with some good pineapple or peach salsa.

Tabasco is just foul tasting punishment.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
All right, you bastards. I was at Safeway today and bought a bottle of Crystal ... will see if it meets the hype!

Same here. First day outside the house in 26 days, and I went on a search for a bottle of crystal hot sauce.

This better not just be a big bottle of tobasco...

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next