Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:08 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Blackstone Griddle 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wetpaperbag wrote:
My amazing wife took advantage of some sales this fall and bought me a full sized Blackstone. We've just been using the 22inch portable unit we take for camping. It will be nice to have one set up full time now. I was planning on keeping it outside, but I can carve out some room in the garage by dejunking some of my wife's stuff. Anyone just keep theirs outside vs. garage? Experiences?

Thanks. Can't wait to get it up and running when the weather clears a bit.

Same as Keystone, outside with their (purchased separately) cover. Well seasoned now, griddle surface fine. Some of the lower cheapass fake stainless hardware has some rust stains, but nothing serious.

Keep that bastard hooked up and used! I have mine hard plumbed to the house LPG. Life is good.

Your biggest task for the next little while will be getting it nicely seasoned. It's not particularly difficult, but takes some time. YMMV but I like grapeseed oil for seasoning and avocado oil for cooking. Bacon and ghee for flavored fats, sometimes olive oil.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I keep my Blackstone and the Camp Chef in the garage. They would likely be fine outside under a cover, but critters like to get in there too. When the weather is crappy, i just open the garage door and put the Blackstone by the opening and get my griddle on! :thumbsup2:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Been staring at this thread for some time and wife must have been staring over my shoulder cause Christmas morning I figured out how she spent 500$ on presents this year! Most money she ever spent on me for a present in ten years and the most usefull by far. Never mind it was my money she spent on it :ROFLMAO:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Prepare to gain a few lbs :)

But you’ll have fun doing it.

Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wacarry wrote:
Prepare to gain a few lbs :)

But you’ll have fun doing it.

Keep the mound of taters under watermelon size and Texas toast to only 2 loaves and you should be ok :thumbsup2: :ROFLMAO:

Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Norman89 wrote:
Been staring at this thread for some time and wife must have been staring over my shoulder cause Christmas morning I figured out how she spent 500$ on presents this year! Most money she ever spent on me for a present in ten years and the most usefull by far. Never mind it was my money she spent on it :ROFLMAO:

Hell ya! That's a good Xmas right there!

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the advice. It might live in the garage a bit during the rainy season. Our portable one gets used a lot, so good to go with cars. Can't wait to use a bigger surface. Lots of street tacos in my future.

Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I want to buy one of these, but could use advice on which model.

It’ll be on a covered porch, and I’d like to hook it to a full size propane tank.
But I think it should still have a lid to prevent rust and help with grease spitting.
Only cooking for 3-6 people most times.
Dreaming of sautéed sweet onions and smash burgers covered in melting cheddar.

Which model do you guys recommend?

Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hadati wrote:

It’ll be on a covered porch, and I’d like to hook it to a full size propane tank.
But I think it should still have a lid to prevent rust and help with grease spitting.

I'm a pretty big believer in the gray Pro model I believe it is. Has a built in lid, drawers, and propane tank is behind a door. Its a 36" surface.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KeystoneCowboy wrote:
hadati wrote:

I'm a pretty big believer in the gray Pro model I believe it is. Has a built in lid, drawers, and propane tank is behind a door. Its a 36" surface.

This. Plus now is the time to find one WMT perhaps wants to be rid of (deal) if you can find it. Otherwise you may need to check at the closest Super Walmart

Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I love my Blackstone, this is the one i have. You can't beat this deal either. Yeah, it's Walmart but look at that price with a cover and high shelves.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blackstone-4 ... hbdg=L1102

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That’s the one I have. I love it. Walmart seems to have the best prices and usually has them in stock.

ETA- my first Blackstone was the 22”. I thought it would be big enough. Found out instantly I needed bigger. So even if you have a small family go for the large one, you won’t regret it.

Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have the Camp Chef FTG600 with grill grates....pull the flat top off and use the grill underneath for propane grilling...2 in one.....right now on sale for $430.00. I bought a lid for it also

Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just finished my first round of smash burgers, dont know how good they were as I was cooking and wife was serving to the kids and I only got a small one since the kids mowed down the rest. Some would say that's good but the kids will eat anything with meat so that's not saying much haha little carnivores I'm raising up

Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Norman89 wrote:
Just finished my first round of smash burgers, dont know how good they were as I was cooking and wife was serving to the kids and I only got a small one since the kids mowed down the rest. Some would say that's good but the kids will eat anything with meat so that's not saying much haha little carnivores I'm raising up

Nice.

I bet they were great tasting. Chef needs more.....hahahahaha

Pictures aren't loading though.

My girls I left to the wife. I gave up cooking for the family for 15 years or so. So dmaned picky! Not that they demanded royalty food but....but no beef, no fish......I would let them go hungry! My wife would give in. They are skinny, but what the heck. Eat!! Ironically now that they are 24 and 30 - they scarf down griddle, smoker, grill food.

Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next