Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:00 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next
 Blackstone Griddle 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Massivedesign wrote:
Not a fan of soft covers because of needing to wait for cool down as well as the lack of airflow can = water = rust.

Agreed. I have a "roof" of sorts over my grills now so they stay mostly dry. I no longer use soft covers on them; I think they sustain more damage from trapped moisture / mold / spiders / mice under the soft covers than they will exposed to the air, open and mostly dry. Plus, the soft covers are just a pain in the ass in general.

And if your grill is trash after 10 years . . . who cares, you probably are looking for an excuse to buy something newer and cooler anyhow. (No offense to JMB, the chief operating officer of the Western Washington Weber Rescue Corporation.)

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Daveygravey89 wrote:
Looking at picking up a black stone , I keep reading that they rust easily , is that just from poor maintenance? Or has anyone had that issue with them ? Mine will be under cover out of weather with a soft cover over it . Curious if ppl have rust issues even with proper maintenance and care ?

The best deal anywhere is Walmart. 297.00 for the Blackstone 36 with hard cover for the Griddle surface.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Daveygravey89 wrote:
Looking at picking up a black stone , I keep reading that they rust easily , is that just from poor maintenance? Or has anyone had that issue with them ? Mine will be under cover out of weather with a soft cover over it . Curious if ppl have rust issues even with proper maintenance and care ?

The best deal anywhere is Walmart. 297.00 for the Blackstone 36 with hard cover for the Griddle surface.

OK wife is down visiting pregnant daughter for 3 days.

I'll be at Walmart. After I season the sucker, how soon can you guys be up? :bigsmile: :thumbsup2:

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Well.. it's steel, so if left unprotected it will rust. Keep oil on it, keeps water off of it. I have a hard cover / lid for mine so I can cover it up shortly after cooking. Not a fan of soft covers because of needing to wait for cool down as well as the lack of airflow can = water = rust.

Yeah I get that but some ppl on websites say it was covered and it still rusted in between using it 4-5 apart . So that's what I was worried about if they just aren’t built strong and durable . Mine will be on a covered patio always .

1 Corinthians 16:13-14
13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. 14 Do everything in love.

2 Corinthians 4:16
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Daveygravey89 wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
Well.. it's steel, so if left unprotected it will rust. Keep oil on it, keeps water off of it. I have a hard cover / lid for mine so I can cover it up shortly after cooking. Not a fan of soft covers because of needing to wait for cool down as well as the lack of airflow can = water = rust.

Yeah I get that but some ppl on websites say it was covered and it still rusted in between using it 4-5 apart . So that's what I was worried about if they just aren’t built strong and durable . Mine will be on a covered patio always .

Stuff rusts here. The non-food parts get a hella good non-stink rust preventative (NOT regular WD-40) and the food parts use grapeseed oil liberally. Easy peasy.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
usrifle wrote:
Daveygravey89 wrote:

OK wife is down visiting pregnant daughter for 3 days.

I'll be at Walmart. After I season the sucker, how soon can you guys be up? :bigsmile: :thumbsup2:

I think it's an online thing. You order online and then wait for the e-mail to pick it up. My order said it would be ready by noon the next day, but i called and was told to come after 4:00.

I went to the Pickup area outside the store, (after talking to some old bitch at "Customer service") called the number posted and it was brought out like 10 minutes later.

Note, i checked the Garden area and there were none on the floor. They only had the 550 dollar model with Air fryer out, so i'm pretty sure it's just an online thing.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks man!

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
Thanks man!

:thumbsup2:

It might be worth a call to see if they have them on the Floor at your Walmart, but if they do ask what the price is.

I assume B'Ham is the closest to you? Here's the link, says 3 left.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blackstone-4 ... /578992934

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Thanks man!

It might be worth a call to see if they have them on the Floor at your Walmart, but if they do ask what the price is.

Odd. Arlington only.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
usrifle wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Thanks man!

Odd. Arlington only.

I had to go to Auburn to get mine. Maybe it's a "Supercenter" thing?

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got mine at the Tumwater store. They were stacked by the garden area.

Also, this is my second one. I used the shit out of my last one with no rust whatsoever. I only got a new one to go bigger.

I just give it a good rub down after I’m done cooking.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wacarry wrote:
I just give it a good rub down after I’m done cooking.

That sounds like something cake face would do. :ROFLMAO:

Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Buddy of mine got me a 28” pro series griddle with the deluxe accessories kit for my bday! What are other accessories/ utensils I will want ? Any good recipes or ideas to get me started ??

13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. 14 Do everything in love.

16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:20 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

drip pan liners are a must. Also, look into different size food covers / roasting pan lids to convection cook some foods. Also, plastic food trays (think cafeteria) are awesome to have on hand.

Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:23 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Between my 3-5 cycles of the griddle seasoning sessions do I need to let the griddle cool off ? Or do I jjst wait til the smoke point stops and lather it up again and keep repeating that cycle ? I watched the video on their website they just don’t specifically say if you turn the temps off and cool it down before the following cycles or not

Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next