Switch to full style
Let's talk about anything food- or drink-related, whether it be home cooking, bars or restaurants!
Post a reply

Freshest Tuna Sandwhich I’ve ever had

Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:19 pm

Buddy brought me back 1/2 of a tuna a few weeks ago out from Westport. Line-line/ethically sourced/organic and all that hippie stuff. I carefully heated some whole meat chunk until opaque, pulled it apart and added mayo/pickle/celery/blackpepper/lemon juice. Basic as hell but beyond anything I’ve ever had from a can. (Don’t worry, I’ve also made some seasame teriyaki pan seared medallions too)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Freshest Tuna Sandwhich I’ve ever had

Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:52 pm

Mmmm yes, that looks amazing....

Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:19 pm

I don't think I've ever had a fresh tuna sandwich, but now I want to try. That looks a lot like how my mom used to make them from canned tuna, complete with the celery. Brings back memories. The Ivar's plate's a nice touch too.

I have had seared 2" Ahi cubes from a 12-13lb chunk of tuna a friend sent us from his boat on ice. That was unbeatable I think.

Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:34 pm

Have done the same with tribal caught salmon........yum.

Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:22 pm

Seared ahi is the best. Fresh caught, a little sesame soy marinade overnight and hit the grill one min each side. Mmmm!

The Ivars plate is fom when I worked in the kitchen at the original one down on pier 54. Also the first place I really explored eating shellfish. On my bosses dime of course. Only thing I didn’t like was oysters. Fell in love with scallops, clams, calamari. octopus, crab and lobster. Any time I have seafood at home I break it out to serve on.
Post a reply