Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:11 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Wagyu 
Site Admin
Site Admin

acidfly wrote:
LMAO American Wagyu. So American Japanese beef? Those cuts on snakeriverfarms look nothing like the cheapest cuts I can get at the local grocery store. In America you can call anything Wagyu and people will pay premium for it. FYI it isn't Wagyu. Also it's rated A1 - A5 not "gold" "black" "rainbow" "fuzzynuts"

Oh I agree with you that SRF isn't anywhere close to TRUE Wagyu. Their Gold and Black is measured based on the Japanese beef marbling score though. Eat a Costco Choice or Prime brisket next to an SRF though and you can taste the difference.

If you want to give some real Waygu a shot, costco actually carries quite a bit of it. https://www.costco.com/beef.html?brand= ... yu%2522%7C

Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:58 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
acidfly wrote:
LMAO American Wagyu. So American Japanese beef? Those cuts on snakeriverfarms look nothing like the cheapest cuts I can get at the local grocery store. In America you can call anything Wagyu and people will pay premium for it. FYI it isn't Wagyu. Also it's rated A1 - A5 not "gold" "black" "rainbow" "fuzzynuts"

Oh I agree with you that SRF isn't anywhere close to TRUE Wagyu. Their Gold and Black is measured based on the Japanese beef marbling score though. Eat a Costco Choice or Prime brisket next to an SRF though and you can taste the difference.

If you want to give some real Waygu a shot, costco actually carries quite a bit of it. https://www.costco.com/beef.html?brand= ... yu%2522%7C

I'm super curious to try one of the briskets, but shit, you better bring your A-game to the smoker. Screw it up and you just flushed $200.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2