Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:57 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 24  Next
 Grocery Store Deals of the Week 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
Yeah.... everyone has number stamps laying around..... :wink05:

Still --- at $10 + tax and depending on 'fees'.... The cheapest I've seen propane is $3.50/gal - and that was a while ago --- 3.5 gal X $3.50 is $12.33 + tax.... So, still not a bad deal to swap out a tank.... delivered. Better than paying $22 + tax for Blue Rhino for the same amount and easier.

Propane is $2.50 - $2.69/gal in my AO, and a place just had a special at 2$/gallon.

A 20 lb cylinder is 4.75 gallons. Most tank swap places are only filled to 4 gallons. So, that $22 exchange means you're effectively paying more than 5$/gallon.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Oh, so you DO read this thread.... :wagwoot:

I do now.

Once you merged it, it becomes a watched thread...because the original post I made was watched.

I saw one thread disappear and now I'm magically watching this instead, it didn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out what happened :D

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:30 pm

usrifle wrote:
cmica wrote:
why is this shit breaded?

That's just the picture, it's not breaded when you buy it. That's a great price, Thanks for the heads up TW! I thought i did good at 1.29lb for Thighs at QFC last week.
Marinated them for 4 days and then baked them. The extra Marinade time didn't seem to add more flavor though.

I've found that marinades just lead to disappointment.... unless you are 'piecing' to let it in, it just never really does what 'you thought it would, no matter how good it smelled'...... Dry rub, smoking and basting is the way to go.

That said --- I'm going to take a swing at oven roasting in the cast iron soon.... a whole new experience!!! Don't know what I'm gonna do yet --- pretty much just winging it.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
usrifle wrote:
cmica wrote:

That's just the picture, it's not breaded when you buy it. That's a great price, Thanks for the heads up TW! I thought i did good at 1.29lb for Thighs at QFC last week.
Marinated them for 4 days and then baked them. The extra Marinade time didn't seem to add more flavor though.

I've found that marinades just lead to disappointment.... unless you are 'piecing' to let it in, it just never really does what 'you thought it would, no matter how good it smelled'...... Dry rub, smoking and basting is the way to go.

That said --- I'm going to take a swing at oven roasting in the cast iron soon.... a whole new experience!!! Don't know what I'm gonna do yet --- pretty much just winging it.

You could roast a whole chicken in a skillet, and end up with some wonderful schmaltzy cabbage.

This was a ‘thing’ a few years ago. You can use brussel sprouts, and other root vegetables, but the cabbage really lets the schmaltz (chicken drippings) shine through.

So simple, but really good.

You might could do it with bone-in pieces, but I haven’t tried that yet.

Looks so simple, and is, but the scmaltzy, charred cabbage really rocks.

https://smittenkitchen.com/2020/04/roas ... y-cabbage/

Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
usrifle wrote:
cmica wrote:

I'm not "disappointed" in the Marinade at all. It just didn't increase flavor beyond 24 hours. It's just Chicken anyway, it's not like it's a choice piece of meat.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:43 pm

usrifle wrote:
It's just Chicken anyway, it's not like it's a choice piece of meat.

:facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2:

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....

Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
usrifle wrote:
It's just Chicken anyway, it's not like it's a choice piece of meat.

:facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2:

Chicken is a "Choice" piece of Meat to you?

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Butterball turkeys were $1.19# at Target.

Not sure if it expires, just picked one up.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Winco. $10 for a 5lb chub of ground beef.

Attachment:
20221209_171152.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"BEEF"

However $2/lb for any kind of beef product is damn cheap nowadays.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don’t know, doing a search on “Interstate Ground Beef” nets several pages of recalls, just in the last 2 years.

Not a diss on Winco, they also make Kroger 73% lean ground beef.

Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KeystoneCowboy wrote:
"BEEF"

However $2/lb for any kind of beef product is damn cheap nowadays.

73%.... so you'll lose a lot in cooking.... but as mentioned... 2$ a lb is hard to beat.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I bought some of that once....tried it, made dogfood out of the rest.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:54 pm

Yeah --- I never trust burger in a tube..... something about 'pink slime'....

I ran into Grocery Outlet yesterday scoping out supplies to make a pumpkin dump/crunch cake.... picked up a can of pumpkin and evap'd milk - all I need now is some whipped cream.... I saw they had these cheese filled smoked sausages for $1/pack (14oz) -- grabbed two to try them out since I've never heard of or seen them before - Fence Line Farms brand.... figured I'd try them out before getting more.

Attachment:
20221209_202723.jpg

Had one this morning with hashys and eggs.... Damn - really tasty and easy!!! Gonna run back and grab some more! I figured they'd be good for a quick lunch or snack, but for a breakfast sausage they are GREAT - and cheap! Made me feel good that it says 'no nitrates/trites' on the label --- made in Denmark,WI too (never even heard of Denmark WI being from MN) - I've learned to trust the cheeseheads when it comes to beer, cheese and tube meats...

Also saw an email saying they have Armour honey ham on special too for $0.73/ 9oz pak..... hoping to score some of them too.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
I bought some of that once....tried it, made dogfood out of the rest.

Then call me Rover.

Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 24  Next