Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:46 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 24  Next
 Grocery Store Deals of the Week 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

usrifle wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
usrifle wrote:
FM has those Prime Rib roasts at 4.97lb now. Angus is 5.97lb. icon_eek :thumbsup2:

I grabbed an 18lbs roast at Safeway and the checkout helper made a bank error in my favor. $47 otd. We had ribeye steaks Saturday night, a 14lbs prime rib Sunday night, and prime rib French dip sandwiches tonight.

Needless to say, my toilet is not happy.

Wow....I paid 86 bucks for my 18lb Roast and i thought i scored! They reweighed it didn't they? It overhangs the scale on both sides, i bet you were charged for much less weight because of the digital coupon and bad math.

She tried twice to scan the digital coupon on my phone and it wouldn’t work. So she set down my phone right by the scale then laid the roast on top of the scale (and my phone). It weighed in at 11.2 lbs even though the tag clearly said 17.99lbs. God bless underpaid grocery store workers!

Then she tried 3 times to manually enter a $25.00 coupon and settled for $27.25 off after 3 failed attempts. Again, thank you underpaid teenager!

Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:00 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I meant to ask you more experienced guys. I still have 5 rib bones that I saved from trimming the prime steaks off. They’re beautiful ribs and probably 1-2lbs of meat still hanging on the bones. What do you guys do with that meat? Caveman style eat it off the bones? Trim and use for another dish. Bone in rib roast newbie here.

Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
I meant to ask you more experienced guys. I still have 5 rib bones that I saved from trimming the prime steaks off. They’re beautiful ribs and probably 1-2lbs of meat still hanging on the bones. What do you guys do with that meat? Caveman style eat it off the bones? Trim and use for another dish. Bone in rib roast newbie here.

Chew those bones like a 10 dollar whore on Hwy 99. Or make French Onion soup. :thumbsup2:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:29 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

They're ribs. Smoke those bitches. Good shit.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:50 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

MadPick wrote:

When your friends know you don’t have a smoker but they tell you to smoke it…

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
MadPick wrote:

When your friends know you don’t have a smoker but they tell you to smoke it…

Step it up Mike. Pellet smokers aren't that expensive, and they are the stove of the backyard.....but better. :thumbsup2:

Set the temp, throw Meat on it and drink beer until done.

It's that simple.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:35 am

Just a quick heads up --- I ran down and grabbed a 5# bag of Yukons at QFC yesterday before they went off sale --- I see that they are still going to be on sale this week too. 5# bags of Yukons or Reds for $2.50 isn't too bad when you can't even get a 5# bag of russets for that price. May also be at Fred Meyers too -- haven't checked.... Figured all you guys with the beef would appreciate this....

I'm on my last serving of russets from Tday right now -- damn things are getting soft and sprouting... I've really been digging dicing them up and roasting them in the oven for breakfast or dinner --- really easy and tasty and a lot less work and mess than mashys..... I may have to grab another bag before they go off sale too.

Edit to add --- I just got back from SW --- they had 5# bags of russets for $4 - 10# for $6+..... Makes the yukons and reds look like a really good deal right now.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:38 am

Went down and snagged a pineapple for $2 today - still more than I have or would like to pay for one, but I had the craving.... Damn thing was 6.5#!!!!! Can't feel bad about the $/# at that point - even if you have to cut half of it away. Smells REALLY good sitting on the counter --- I'm thinking this was worth it.

Both SW and QFC have them at that price.

Also grabbed 1+# of green beans for $1/# --- got it early in the cycle so they look nice and tasty!
Made my day.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....

Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't know if this qualifies as a grocery store, or is in line with the topic of the thread, but Gibson's in Lacey does weekly meat specials that are tough to beat. New adverts come out each Friday. I figure most of us are keeping an eye on where prices generally are to see what is a good deal or not. Check those local butcher stores for hot deals too. Usually they offer a better product than the standard grocery store, and it is often for less.

No I don't work at a butcher store, or know anyone who works at one personally.

Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:57 am

I popped into Grocery Outlet on saturday to grab some beer for the weekend.... saw they had Pilsbury 'sweet hawaiian flaky' biscuits for $1 each..... Knowing how tasty they are, and that they usually go for $4+ anywhere else, I grabbed two. Got up to the register and was surprised and pleased that they rang up for 2for$1!!!! I took my beer out to the truck and went back in to grab two more..... I also grabbed two rolls of the Pilsbury 'corn dog wrap' too --- I HAVE to try that - hoping it will be a step up from crescent roll 'pigs in a boddybag'. The check out lady was laughing at me for coming back, but said 'damn, I haven't had those - I'm gonna have to grab some before they're gone' while the manager made the comment 'yeah, I forgot to put the BOGO sticker on them'..... I feel fortunate that GO is so close to me and that I end up going by there so regularly --- that place has been keeping me 'well' (but not healthily) fed!

Edit to add --- swung by there again today to grab two more hawaiian biscuits..... also snag the last two 'honey butter' biscuits too..... thought about grabbing two more 'corndog wraps' too, but figured I should try them out first --- thats whats on deck for tonight.

Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:51 am

I should have given more heads up, but I don't know if this was at all the Grocers Outlets.....

I had gotten an email notification from them on friday ---- 13oz Hillshire Farms roast beef for $1.48 each --- cool!!!! I went down there early friday afternoon and grabbed three --- I've learned not to buy too many of a 'deal' until you try it first - been there, done that --- and knowing that my freezer is near full at the moment, three seemed reasonable. I made a sammy for lunch on saturday and it was FANTASTIC!!!! Simple mayo, roast beef, tomato and lettuce --- it was so good!!!! Thats when I realized that the roast beef was in a vac pac inside the plastic bin --- which was my big hang up for fitting much in the freezer.... I could take the pak out of the plastic bin :facepalm2: I jumped in the truck to head back down there to grab some more, but when I got there at ~12:30 they were all gone.... I was so bummed.

I went back down there today to grab some beer.... and was amazed to see MORE ON THE SHELF!!!!!!!!!!
Attachment:
Resized_20230219_152440_3075.jpeg

I grabbed four more along with my beer.... Then my second guessing said go grab one more and some mayo to go with it..... So I totaled out at eight packs of roast beef --- basically 6# for $12!!!!!
I'll be enjoying roast beef sammys for quite some time!

And incase anyone is wondering --- they had a pull by date of 2/27/23 so they are still really good!!!!!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Stopped by QFC for some things and saw that they have their Bacon on sale 3 pounds for $8.31. Unfortunately, only one per person.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:13 pm

If anyone is looking for canned soup --- Safeway has Progresso soups buy 2 - get 3 free..... at 2.99 each, it works out to 5/$6 ---- not too bad - I would always be happy picking them up for $1 each (when you buy 8) so $1.20 each when you buy 5 aint too bad to stock up with. I only ate one can while I was sick (for 2+weeks) and it was a chicken/mushroom/barley and that was some of the best soup!!!! Thinking about some of those and the chicken/wild rice..... but they have so many good soups.... I'd feel obligated to get 10.

Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
If anyone is looking for canned soup --- Safeway has Progresso soups buy 2 - get 3 free..... at 2.99 each, it works out to 5/$6 ---- not too bad - I would always be happy picking them up for $1 each (when you buy 8) so $1.20 each when you buy 5 aint too bad to stock up with. I only ate one can while I was sick (for 2+weeks) and it was a chicken/mushroom/barley and that was some of the best soup!!!! Thinking about some of those and the chicken/wild rice..... but they have so many good soups.... I'd feel obligated to get 10.
Bought a bunch today.
Spent $60 and ended up with 102 in savings 4 bags of chips, 1 coffe on sale, 30 cans of soup.
Thanks for posting....

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Col_Temp wrote:
JohnMBrowning wrote:
Bought a bunch today.
Spent $60 and ended up with 102 in savings 4 bags of chips, 1 coffe on sale, 30 cans of soup.
Thanks for posting....

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I love getting the deals where the savings are higher than what you spent. Digital coupons are your friend there, as well as the rewards points. :thumbsup2:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 24  Next