Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:36 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 356 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
 Grocery Store Deals of the Week 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
I find the Montreal Steak seasoning to be perfect for seasoning hamburgers --- and Montreal Chicken is always nice on chicken and turkey. I'm gonna see if there are any different flavors to try out too.
We've found the Montreal Chicken seasoning great on center cut pork chops and potato wedges in the oven using the convection roast setting. Would probably also work well in an air fryer.

I wish technology solved people issues. It seems to just reveal them.

Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:34 am

Pretty disappointed at the ads week.... The only thing I saw of any real value is SW has 80% burger on their friday special 2# for $5.

I went down to score two more sliced cheese for $0.88 each and some hamburger buns tonight before they went off sale --- walked thru the meat section to see if anything caught my eye.... chicken legs and thighs still @$1/# --- thought to myself I still have a flat and a half of legs and half a flat of thighs in the freezer...... But DAMN - they had a couple of flats of legs that caught my eye ---- 6.75# flats of legs that were 12 legs --- they were HUGE!!!!! I've never seen chicken legs that big! They looked like small turkey legs. I had to get one against my better judgement --- I hope I don't regret it - they could turn out to be kinda tuff, but I'm going on the premise that I haven't been disappointed by SW chicken yet.

Attachment:
20220503_180823.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Tue May 03, 2022 6:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Grocery Outlet

Cocoa powder. Organic. $7.99

Large 25 oz bag. Rodelle brand.

Nice dark powder with excellent flavor. I put cocoa powder in my hot coffee. Tasty and doesn't add carbs.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue May 03, 2022 6:54 pm

If anyone is interested.... Freddy's has pork butts for $0.99/# --- I wish I had more freezer space to throw one in.
Also drumsticks and whole chickens at QFC for $0.99/# too. I was gonna pull some legs out of the freezer to play with on the new (to me) kettle, but decided I'd just go and grab one or two packs that are fresh....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....

Fri May 13, 2022 8:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
If anyone is interested.... Freddy's has pork butts for $0.99/# --- I wish I had more freezer space to throw one in.
Also drumsticks and whole chickens at QFC for $0.99/# too. I was gonna pull some legs out of the freezer to play with on the new (to me) kettle, but decided I'd just go and grab one or two packs that are fresh....

Great.

Also FM JUICY Thick Duroc pork chops $4.98 pound.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri May 13, 2022 9:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank God top ramen is still under $.50/ pkg. :thumbsup2:

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat May 14, 2022 1:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:

We went on Friday night (we had other errands to run in Monroe as well), the bin where they kept the butts was bare. Asked the guy behind the meat counter and he said they're restocked it 18 times that day and he didn't have a key to get to where the rest were stored. Told us to come back the next day and they should have some. We ended up going yesterday so I could pick up my new Dewalt deal from Lowes, and figured we'd check. Sure enough, they had several in the bin, so we grabbed 4x of them. Dropped three in the deep freeze and we'll probably make carnitas out of the 4th this week. About $100+ worth of pork for around $30. Thanks for the tip!

Mon May 16, 2022 8:26 am
Profile WWW

I just thought i'd throw this out here..... Grocers Outlet has Kobe and Wagyu burger for $5/# -- not a great deal, but better than the $6-7 they have been. I've found it to be really good burger and worth the extra buck or two for a treat.... I will say that I prefer the Kobe to the Wagyu --- it just seems to have a much 'deeper' beef flavor where the Wagyu just seems to be 'good' burger.... They also have the Pilsbury BIG biscuit cans 2 for a buck --- I have always tried to stay away from these, but I picked some up for biscuits and grave and have realized that they really are pretty good - especially at that price. I've been making chicken and pork sliders on them and they have been fantastic! Good considering how bread prices have been going... I'm gonna grab more on my next trip --- and yes, they seem to keep WELL past the date on the can without any problem.

SW also has 80/20 for $3/# in the double vac paks --- not bad for Mday. I'm still working off some premade butcher block patties that I (thought) scored ~a week ago ---- nice flavor, but I have to say the premade patties kinda suck for texture.

Wed May 25, 2022 12:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:

SW also has 80/20 for $3/# in the double vac paks --- not bad for Mday.

I love buying these as they freeze well.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Thu May 26, 2022 12:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wife went and bought the limit of burger(5#) and biscuits(3 free) this morning.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Thu May 26, 2022 12:17 pm

KeystoneCowboy wrote:
Wife went and bought the limit of burger(5#) and biscuits(3 free) this morning.

I forgot to add in the caveat for the biscuits --- the first time I got some, they had just the buttermilk (and one Hawaiian) and not many, so I grabbed two.... the next trip the had more of the butter tasting --- I naturally thought that they 'should' be better -- right? Well, I actually ended up cooking the butter ones before the buttermilk --- and was not overly impressed, but still happy with the deal. When I finally got around to the buttermilk --- wow - they seemed much better and well worth the deal. So I would recommend going heavier on the buttermilk.

Let me know what your thoughts are between the Kobe and the Wagyu....

Thu May 26, 2022 12:36 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Fred Myers has BOGO ribs right now... or did yesterday.

Thu May 26, 2022 3:06 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QFC has their Patagonia Wild Caught shrimp deal going again. $6/lb ($11.98/2lb bag). i just picked up a few, I think the limit is 5. We still have a few bags leftover from the previous deal, so didn't get as many as I could.

QFC is also having BOGO on 2" rib eyes, so I picked up a couple for dinner tonight.

Fri May 27, 2022 12:42 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Most of my meat deals come from FM. They always seem to have some deals and are cheaper on meat then elsewhere. I just picked up some of the seasoned ribs and seasoned carne asada. Its been cheap for a while now.

Fri May 27, 2022 2:50 pm

Ran by to grab 2 more biscuits at GO.... grabbed a HUGE score --- Planters cashew in 1.5oz paks - 6/$1 !!!! I grabbed $3 worth. If you do the math --- more than 1.5#(27oz) for $3 --- where are you gonna find cashews for THAT price??? Bonus that they are in single (more like 1/2) serving paks so you can grab one and go!

Sat May 28, 2022 3:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 356 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next