Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:03 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 4145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 277  Next
 what did you cook today thread 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I made crockpot lasagna tonight for some very picky teenagers. They each scarfed down two bowls. It was pretty good and simple to make.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:42 pm

JAMBALAYA.

It's a creole jambalaya, not a cajun one. Chicken, andouille and double-smoke sausage, and prawns, along with tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, celery, thyme, and rice. And spices.

This recipe isn't a Serious Eats recipe - it's one that I got from a friend that went to school in New Orleans. I had a bright idea this time and did the initial browning of the chicken in chicken fat rendered from the skins, rather than using olive oil. I made the recipe closer to 3 hours than the 2.5 I'd got it down to, but I'm going to be doing that every time now.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:47 pm

In the smoker right now:
  • 18 pounds of bacon, in 2.5 pound chunks!
  • 8 pounds of sharp cheddar cheese, cold smoking.
  • a chunk of Jarlsberg cheese, just to see what happens.

To go on next: Mixed nuts, with a brown sugar, rosemary, cumin, and chilli powder mix. And separately a small batch without the chilli powder, for my friend that's allergic.

My smoker's pretty full. It's awesome.

Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:33 am

Okay, those are in the fridge, next to the flavoured liquors and the aging egg-nog.

Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

5 potatos. (Is that supposed to be spelled with an "e"?)

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

banana bread

Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:thumbsup2:

Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:14 pm

That's some good looking banana bread! I still am not great at bread. I haven't got a nice, light loaf yet. I can do dense and chewy and tasty consistently, though. Probably need more water. I'll figure it out. Although I'm not sure whether that'll be before or after I get a book...

In the meantime, the pictures I promised:

Half of the bacon, smoking:

Bacon wrapping:

Wrapped bacon:

Smoked Cheddar Cheese:

The cold smoke chamber was too warm :( :
Yeah, I melted half the cheese. The first phot is only the unmelted ones.

The melty ones:

The smoked mixed nuts, with sugar, salt, cumin, rosemary and chipotle:

Bonus image, the inside of the drinks fridge:
Top left for the good cheese. To the right, the coloured stuff in the jars is the flavoured vodka. Then there's a row of random drinks, and then there's the bacon, concealing 2 bottles of egg-nog that's aging. Since it's 20% alcohol, it'll be completely sterile after 48 hours, which is how I know it's safe to drink. There's bourbon, rum, molasses and vanilla in this batch.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice ! :thumbsup2:

Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chrimmas pot-roast. Cross-rib chuck on sale at FM cheeeep. Cooked it low and slow. Made gravey!

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Banana Crepes.....man those things are delicious!

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:23 am
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

cmica wrote:
:thumbsup2: just finished mine and made some soup.....

:drool: That looks awesome! Made me hungry.

Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:45 am

I don't know if you guys had caught the blurb on how to make scrambled eggs 'savory'.... I was really impressed! The secret ingredient... soy sauce.
I've been doing a ~1-2 tsp splash for 2-3 eggs and it really does make a difference --- I think its become my new standard, along with blending the hell out of them with the stick blender --- fluffy savory eggs that are really satisfying.

I told my sis about this... she hasn't tried it yet, but she tried putting some soy sauce in mac'n cheese for xmas dinner --- her and mom said it was the best ever. I've tried to minimize use of soy sauce because "they" say its bad for you, but I'm realizing there are certain niches for it.... and besides, I've got two costco bottles of it I need to use up that have been sitting around forever.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wife and I just culturally appropriated sushi. Delicious spicy crab rolls and various salmon offerings.Image

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Damn Chadman that looks good

Fuq you guys I made chickejn and damn ass waffles

DShit is guyd plenty od suryp and greasy ass ecdpensibce fried chhkcxjenm washewd down with a huige hell two or three cider bomb cocktails....then straight up Apple Jack shooters
like 5 of those bitches,,,,,,

Shit yeah tastewedd good

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 277  Next