Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:37 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 4144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 277  Next
 what did you cook today thread 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Poached elbow pasta, with pressed milk curd, whole churned lait, fresh leche, and a mix of Bratwurst, jalapeno, kielbasa, and italian seasonings..

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Poached elbow pasta, with pressed milk curd, whole churned lait, fresh leche, and a mix of Bratwurst, jalapeno, kielbasa, and italian seasonings..

I don't even know what half of that is....but i bet you shit good in the morning.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

I don't even know what half of that is....but i bet you shit good in the morning.

:ROFLMAO:

Macaroni and cheese with Sausage in it.....

:bigsmile:

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sweet potatoe

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

To prepare for going to Olympia tomorrow and listening to Anti-gunner windbags testify...

I soaked a bag of Navy beans overnight, and this morning thawed the ham-bone saved from Christmas dinner. Chucked that in the pot with the beans, a can of diced tomatos, some thyme, parsley and a quart of chikun broth.

Delish.

And I should be flatulent by morning!

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
To prepare for going to Olympia tomorrow and listening to Anti-gunner windbags testify...

I soaked a bag of Navy beans overnight, and this morning thawed the ham-bone saved from Christmas dinner. Chucked that in the pot with the beans, a can of diced tomatos, some thyme, parsley and a quart of chikun broth.

Delish.

And I should be flatulent by morning!

So after eating that you want them to forget about guns and look for weapons of mass destruction?

I have been getting bored with not having to work and with this shitty weather I am slowly converting one of my spare rooms into a food and gun storage room. I will be getting an other rack like in my reloading room and start filling it with canned items. Today I made Sweet Chili Thai sauce and damn did it turn out good. tomorrow I am trying a recipe that is supposed to make 18 pints of Sweet and Sour sauce. But here is todays bounty of Sweet Chili Thai sauce.

It was a Night Op in the library with an AK Pistol by TW...

Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:02 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

lionhrt wrote:
tomorrow I am trying a recipe that is supposed to make 18 pints of Sweet and Sour sauce.

One of my favorite drunk foods is egg/spring rolls. Problem is I can never find a good sweet and sour sauce. The ones in the store are always too dark red and overly sour. There's a local chinese restaurant that has awesome sweet and sour sauce but the damn delivery driver doesn't know where they get it. He also doesn't speak very good english so that adds a degree of difficulty to the interaction. Let me know how it turns out. I'd be fine making my own if it's good!

Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
lionhrt wrote:
tomorrow I am trying a recipe that is supposed to make 18 pints of Sweet and Sour sauce.

One of my favorite drunk foods is egg/spring rolls. Problem is I can never find a good sweet and sour sauce. The ones in the store are always too dark red and overly sour. There's a local chinese restaurant that has awesome sweet and sour sauce but the damn delivery driver doesn't know where they get it. He also doesn't speak very good english so that adds a degree of difficulty to the interaction. Let me know how it turns out. I'd be fine making my own if it's good!

Hey go to the restaurant, and ask the owner. I bought some kimchi from my local Korean restaurant, and the owner actually offered to teach me.
BTW I'm scheduled for a kimchee class on the 27th at my local college.
Good friends = good food.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
lionhrt wrote:

Hey go to the restaurant, and ask the owner. I bought some kimchi from my local Korean restaurant, and the owner actually offered to teach me.

Kimchee is super easy, you'll love it. Lots cheaper, too.

Will love hearing ho th class went :thumbsup2:

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
lionhrt wrote:

Kimchee is super easy, you'll love it. Lots cheaper, too.

Will love hearing ho th class went :thumbsup2:

I will post, I will even see if I can video it. I've already tried replicating the cucumber kimchi, but my local restaurant still makes it better.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We like daikon radish & carrot in ours.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:19 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

sinus211 wrote:
lionhrt wrote:

We just went up for dinner at a friend's house a few days ago... The wife is Laotian and cooks with passion.
The plate full of egg rolls (my wife calls them spring rolls, but what does she know?!) was accompanied by a bowl of sweet and sour sauce. She enjoys my reaction to her cooking, but I do not. I always leave with a sore belly, and burn a bit the next day.
My missus and the cook were talking about the recipe for the sauce and I vaguely recall hearing about how simple the recipe for the sauce is between the groans of pleasure coming from me.
I'll ask about it.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:28 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I don't follow a recipe or measure ingredients but this sweet and sour recipe seems similar to how I make it.
Add the rice vinegar slowly until you get the desired flavor, easiest way to balance the sweet/sour ratio.
If for a main course instead I also add pineapple, onion, and green peppers to the protein.
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012 ... sauce.html

I swing by G Mart (old Paldo World) about once a week looking for deals on pot stickers, lumpia, ramyun, squid and various other delights.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Went to the olympia farmers market this morning. Bought some lions mane mushrooms. Made mushroom swish burgers with them. Delicious.

Also bought some plug spawn of lions manes and chicken of the woods. Going to innoculate a few trees around the house. Will check back in a few years with hopefully a delicious result and possibly some extras to share or barter.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Albert Einstein

Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I made the Sweet and Sour sauce today and it turned out better than any I have bought in a store or had in a restraunt other than the restraunt I used to work in Anacortes and it was quite similar to that recipe, after I had it almost done I remembered making it there and next time I will sort of combine the 2 recipes to make it even better. It might be a while before I make an other batch because this batch was 18 pints and more than enough left over for dinner. This is not just the sauce but chucked full of peppers, onions, and pineapple.

It was a Night Op in the library with an AK Pistol by TW...

Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 277  Next