Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 4117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 275  Next
 what did you cook today thread 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Nice. What's the shelf life of the kraut?

I've been sick so I made two HUGE pots of lentil soup loaded with black pepper. Found the ham hocks in the back of the freezer and the needed to be cooked, so win-win.

I have a soup that works well for us when we're sick.

Its similar to the one below, but I tweak it with the amount/type of chicken...I also increase the amount of ginger, garlic, lemongrass, etc., ...

http://www.nourishingmeals.com/2011/02/ ... p.html?m=1

We're getting over some stuff here, too...

Hope you feel better! :thumbsup2:

Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

I've been sick so I made two HUGE pots of lentil soup loaded with black pepper. Found the ham hocks in the back of the freezer and the needed to be cooked, so win-win.

I have a soup that works well for us when we're sick.

Its similar to the one below, but I tweak it with the amount/type of chicken...I also increase the amount of ginger, garlic, lemongrass, etc., ...

http://www.nourishingmeals.com/2011/02/ ... p.html?m=1

We're getting over some stuff here, too...

Hope you feel better! :thumbsup2:

That looks good even if the ingredients aren't common (I don't usually have lemon grass on hand; but I do have ginger which I've been using)

This fracking cold is lingering badly. I thought earlier in the week that I might be heading toward pneumonia (rice krispies when I was breathing) it's gotten marginally better.

Hopes for your speedy recovery as well.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Brisket in the smoker

Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:

Not sure but I'm going to say the same as canned for about 2 years. Even though not required I would just store it in the fridge.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I admit, I have a sweet tooth.
When the kids were young it was okay. I could bake goodies, get a taste and take stuff to school functions or send the remainder home with my kids and hope their mom(s) got fat....

been having a hankerin' for cookies. So I broke down and made some oatmeal cookies.

Shinola... I had just taken the belt down another notch too.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Stuffed bell peppers. I had three Bell pepper plants and had a couple beauties I picked Friday, so I fired up the Weber and went to work
2 lbs of 80% percent burger went in a bowl with chopped sweet Onion, Worcestishire (SP?) and some chopped Peppers. Added some SPG, some Tomato Sauce along with shredded Cheese and worked it together.

While that was happening I has some Natural Casing Sausages offset cooking on the Weber.
Then I made Patties out of the Burger mix and Seared them over the Charcoal. When they were Medium rare to medium, I pulled them and the cooked Sausages. Chop the Sausage into small pieces and add them to the bowl with the Patties.
Break up the Patties and mix well, then stuff the Cored Peppers. The key is cutting off the base of the Pepper so you have 4 small open holes at the bottom rib of the Peppers. Top with some shredded Cheese and bake at 275-300 for about an hour.

Bonus points if you do the baking in the BBQ, and you can do some Baked Potatoes at the same time. :thumbsup2:
Sorry, no Pics but they were good.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:46 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

usrifle wrote:
Sorry, no Pics but they were good.

Jesus, man. That was the WORST story ending I’ve ever read!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got a pork belly in the smoker

Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:08 pm

Grilled up some more chicken thighs last night using the little box smoker on the grill. Lost some temp control when trying to keep the smoke going.... so a couple of pieces the skin got a little too charred ---- made me look like a rookie. Think I'm gonna give up on the 'on top of the grate' smoker box --- it adds some smoke flavor, but it is too difficult to keep the smoke going while keeping the grill <325.... I was even resorting to using a propane torch to light up the wood --- I think the main problem was that every time I closed the lid on the box, it snuffed it out. An 'under the grate' box would be so much better..... I'll have to see what I can come up with.

The good thing I discovered totally by accident last night..... I'm a Sweet Baby Rays guy.... can never decide which one to go with.... Original, Honey BBQ, Sweet & Spicy or Hawaiian..... so I've taken to mixing two or three depending on what bottles are open in the fridge --- I have never been disappointed once I got rid of the Sweet Vadaillia bottle --- it wasn't bad, just not exciting and unable to stand by itself. Mixing up the sauce for last night was the Honey BBQ and Hawaiian.... found an open bottle of SBR Honey Teriyaki and thought it would be a good idea to mix some of that in too..... IT WAS GREAT!!!!! Changed up the flavor profile so nicely! I haven't used straight teriyaki on the skin/bone thighs yet, usually just use that for the boneless/skinless stuff.... gonna have to try a cook with just the teriyaki soon, but mixing it in with the bbq sauce is fantastic too.

Ran across this vid of using corn starch to coat the chicken that sounds interesting....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9kC1rCIDHg&t=32s
Thinking it would be interesting to see what the corn starch would do after dry brining the chicken.... I think the guy in the vid screwed up by not seasoning the pieces with the CS much before cooking.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yummmmyyyyyyy!!!! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Smoking some hamburgers

Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mr. Q wrote:

Never occurred to me to stand my smoke tube up, that's a great idea! :bow:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Mr. Q wrote:

Never occurred to me to stand my smoke tube up, that's a great idea! :bow:

Sometimes I’ll put three in there for things like brisket. It works fantastic! :D

Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There some leftover pizza in the smoker.

Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

portugese sausage............

Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 275  Next