Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:13 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 4144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236 ... 277  Next
 what did you cook today thread 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Definitely! :thumbsup2:

Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:22 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Did a hot and fast baby back rib cook tonight. Ran the smoker at 300 for 1.5 hr, then wrapped for 45 then uncovered for 15-20. Photo taken after removing from wrap letting them go to get the sauce tacky.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:03 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice meats

Made refried black bean soup - recipe on side of can!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:47 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, this started out as a smoker thing (pulled pork) but the last bit was the hardest for me, so I'm putting it in this thread!

That's pulled pork with cheater cole slaw (cabbage plus barbecue sauce, been in the fridge for a bit to soften up), with additional barbecue sauce, on a brioche bun.

I made the pulled pork (ok, kinda routine), I made the barbecue sauce (VERY happy with it), and today I made the buns. I'm not much of a baker, so this was a little scary for me, but they turned out delicious! I need to make some improvements in the aesthetics department (some weren't perfectly round, some weren't a perfect color), but the taste is there and I'm very happy with them.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looking delicious awesome job

Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nicely Done! :thumbsup2:

:cheers2:

Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

steve that should be Arbys new sandwich and promotion pic too.

chicken pot pie

Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:59 pm

Oooooo... quick details please!!!

I was just digging thru the freezer..... I knew I had some breast in there from a while ago that I've been meaning to use up..... I keep going back and forth between a 'hot dish' or chicken'n dumplings.... but that could work too!

Spoiler: show
I found a 1.5# of breasts...... dated feb '18 !!!!!!!!!! icon_eek icon_eek icon_eek
They were from the butcher block --- in a heavy plastic bag then wrapped in butcher paper.... I didn't have much hope for them, but I pulled the paper off them and was amazed there was NO signs of freezer burn!?!?!?! I'm going to thaw them and give them the Joe Biden sniff test and see if they are still viable.... If not, I know some dogs that would be happy with them.

THEN its onto the 2.5# pack that is dated july '20.......

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JB I use chicken thighs, (dry to me) if you were to use breast I would brine it at least 6 hrs then

cube the chicken and skin, tator tot's sub for potatoes, corn, carrots, green beans, peas, cream of chicken what ever spices you want, cup of water and heavy whipping cream, I just added a pinch of salt A few times have added cheese in the mix

ninja foodie for 9 min, add biscuits and AF for 4 or 5 min flip and do the same. I used to do this with a crock pot on low (high for 3 hrs.) while away at work, come home add biscuits on top and then into the oven

Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:10 pm

Thanx! I'm debating which way to go with these breasts..... I'm just astonished that 4 year old breasts came out of the freezer in near perfect condition --- NO burn or foul smell at all - actually NO smell!!!!! Gonna use them up on somethin good!!!

I'm thinking I'm going to stick to my plan of a chicken noodle casserole to start with since I've already gathered everything up --- I'm pretty sure there will be more than enough left over to try something else out too :thumbsup2: 1.5# is quite a bit for single casserole --- I fear my pan will 'runneth over'. I've picked up 8 rolls of Pilsbury crescent rolls (2for$ at GO) and have been thinking about using them for a crust for pot pie (?!?!) or doing a hillbilly shepards pie in a skillet --- mashies for a base and cutting the roll of dough with dental floss for 'pinwheel crescents' for a top.... sis loved this idea, but I'm wondering how well it will reheat.... Dumplings is on the list too. So many options at the moment....

I made up a BIG batch of chicken broth last night.... 2 (smoked) chicken carcasses, a turkey neck and 6-7 chicken necks!!!! I still have 2 backbones and necks left in the freezer --- I didn't think I could fit all of it in the pot.... After letting it reduce for a while, I ended up with 2 quarts of really killer broth with a really nice kiss of smoke!!! I skimmed the fat so I can make some killer gravy, or just use it for pan cooking.... My mind is racing with all the possibilities right now.... :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I'm going to try and get creative and see what kind of tasty meals I can make!

Gonna smoke up the breasts today and plan on assembling the casserole tomorrow. I'm gonna pass on turkey for Thanksgiving --- hoping my neighbor will score me a (couple of) left over FREE turkeys from work next week for smoking :bigsmile: I'm culling out the freezer in anticipation....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....

Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Beef

Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:44 am

I smoked up the old chicken breasts yesterday - seasoned with Montreal chicken seasoning - 1.5 hours at ~200 - gave them a beautiful golden color!!! It was kinda odd.... I don't recall seeing this before on b/s breasts, but it actually formed a bit of a 'bark' on them..... I don't know if that has something to do with their age or not....
Attachment:
20221120_162024.jpg

I was actually concerned that I had over cooked them because of the bark, but once they cooled and I diced them up -- the thicker parts were definitely still juicy, but the thinner sections were kinda dry and tough as expected. I sat there and snacked on some and was quite happy with the flavor/seasoning - perfect for a casserole! Kitty approved too. Since I had just made a big batch of broth, I decided to heat up ~1/3 cup and add it to the chicken -- I don't think it really 'needed it', but hey ---- why the hell not :bigsmile: I figured it will get more in the casserole too. Chicken into the fridge for assembly today or tomorrow --- still haven't decided... but so looking forward to it!

So then I went on to make my dinner..... Pigs in a bodybag! Since I scored a whole bunch of crescent rolls it was a natural.... Spiral cut hotdogs topped with shredded cheese and encased with dough!!! Yeah --- those hit the spot!!!
Attachment:
20221120_203640.jpg

Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jb how your chicken taste?

whole chicken mixed veg

Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:06 pm

I haven't made the casserole yet.... I keep pulling the CooWhip bowl filled to the brim out and smelling it --- amazing!!!! I was chatting with mom last night and said I'd really like to have some water chestnuts or slivered almonds in there the way she used to make it..... gonna have to go look. I've got some whole almonds that I don't know how to sliver.... and I've got some cashews that I know I could crush..... the plan is still coming together.... I'm in no hurry.

I was happy with a killer baked potato slathered with tallow - smashed - and covered with ham'n'beans and sour cream tonight..... soooo damn good...... I've got enuff for 1 or 2 more ---- talk about comfort food....

I've been finding everything turns out sooo much better when you are not in a rush :bigsmile:

Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

heart attack burger......

burger, cheese, jalapeno, mushroom bacon wrap and lettuce with tators

now time for a nap

Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236 ... 277  Next