Switch to full style
Let's talk about anything food- or drink-related, whether it be home cooking, bars or restaurants!
Post a reply

Re: What're you drinkin'?

Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:11 pm

Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:14 pm

A simple favorite of mine is a honey syrup with bourbon. It couldn't be easier. Can you boil water?

Make a simple syrup with about 50/50 water and honey, in a sauce pan, boil/stir into a syrup and let cool.

Then mix with your favorite bourbon (I do it on rocks) in a reasonable ratio, about 50/50 syrup to liquor or whatever you feel is best. It's incredibly good.
Last edited by leadcounsel on Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:14 pm

Can someone tell me if these prices are any good?
20201128_180341_opt.jpg

20201128_181027_opt.jpg

20201128_180910_opt.jpg

20201128_180751_opt.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:04 pm

I'm having a lovely cup of Earl grey and enjoying some exquisite biscuits in front of the fire.
What a perfect evening.

Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:14 pm

AR15L wrote:Can someone tell me if these prices are any good?

:wink05:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:22 pm

^ :ROFLMAO:

Rick is just fucking with us. He's in Idaho, and there is zero tax on that liquor. He knows that he's buying it for 2/3 of what we can buy it for in Washington, and he's just rubbing it in our faces. :wink05:

Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:01 pm

MadPick wrote:^ :ROFLMAO:

Rick is just fucking with us. He's in Idaho, and there is zero tax on that liquor. He knows that he's buying it for 2/3 of what we can buy it for in Washington, and he's just rubbing it in our faces. :wink05:

Arguably a CoC violation.

Hey mods, *insert rant about moderation practices here*

Seriously, it bothers me how much less a bottle of Glenfiddich 18 would probably cost just over the ID/WA border.

Taxation is theft.

I just finished a cup of coffee with white/caramel chocolate mix and using Rumchata for creamer.

Now working on two fingers of Macallan 12.

Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:05 pm

MadPick wrote:^ :ROFLMAO:

Now he's a Fucker too. :gibbs:

Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:48 pm

Yeah, but I still wouldn’t buy any of those. (Maybe the Makers46, but I’m not much of a Makers fan.)
Find something allocated while you’re there, Rick!

Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:24 am

Now he's a Fucker too. :gibbs:

You're welcome. :bigsmile:
Find something allocated while you’re there, Rick!

Gimme an idea, under three digits. :wink05:

Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:12 am

My latest haul from Oregon.

Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:35 am

Hi BadKarma how is the Rogue Dead Guy whiskey? Huge fan of the Dead Guy Ale and wondering how this is.

Also what are your general thoughts on Japanese single malts? I have never tried them. Our local Spec's (think Total Wine Texas style) has several varieties in stock and thinking to try one out.

Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:28 pm

You found ECBP Batch C920! ECBP is always one of my favorites, and for some reason I tend to prefer the C (fall) batches. Can’t wait to find one myself. Nice haul, Jaime!

Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:30 pm

GeekWithGuns wrote:Hi BadKarma how is the Rogue Dead Guy whiskey? Huge fan of the Dead Guy Ale and wondering how this is.

I had a bottle. Drank about half of it and ended up drain pouring the rest. They should stick to beer, IMO.

Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:30 pm

GeekWithGuns wrote:Hi BadKarma how is the Rogue Dead Guy whiskey? Huge fan of the Dead Guy Ale and wondering how this is.

Also what are your general thoughts on Japanese single malts? I have never tried them. Our local Spec's (think Total Wine Texas style) has several varieties in stock and thinking to try one out.

I have not tried the Dead Guy yet. I'm not impressed with the Yamazaki. I had a different Japanese whiskey in Maui that was awesome. I will probably gift this one to someone. I think I had the Suntory Hibiki which was a great $40 bottle.
Post a reply