Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:26 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Roasted Chicken Thighs with Lemon, Thyme and Rosemary 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I made this recipe last week, using boneless and skinless chicken thighs. It turned out great, even if it lacked the crispy skin indicated in the recipe

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1018296-roasted-chicken-thighs-with-lemon-thyme-and-rosemary

I now have in my fridge (and another vacuum-sealed pack in the freezer) bone-in skin-on chicken thighs, and plan to retry the next time I am home in the evening to cook.

Figured y'all would like the recipe. Tastes great!

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:33 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm hitting the NYT login page. Do you have a link that goes around it?

Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll just copy/paste the recipe when I'm not on my phone...

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:33 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

INGREDIENTS
12 chicken thighs, bone in and skin on
1 medium onion, peeled, quartered vertically and sliced 1/4-inch thick vertically
1 cup peeled garlic cloves (about 40)
1 lemon cut in 1/4-inch-thick slices, seeded
15 fresh thyme sprigs
4 (3-inch) rosemary sprigs
2 tablespoons kosher salt, or to taste
2 teaspoons ground black pepper

PREPARATION
Pat chicken thighs dry and place, skin side up, in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place in refrigerator, uncovered, for 8 hours or overnight to dry skin. Remove chicken from refrigerator at least 45 minutes before cooking.

Heat oven to 500 degrees. Spread onion slices and garlic cloves in a baking dish that can hold the chicken snugly in a single layer. Scatter lemon on the onion-garlic mixture and strew with thyme and rosemary sprigs.

Remove chicken from baking sheet and place on several layers of paper towels, skin side down. Sprinkle with half the salt and pepper. Turn thighs over and season with remaining salt and pepper. Transfer to the baking dish skin side up. Use your hands to arrange the bed of onions and garlic so they’re completely under the chicken.

Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a knife point. If skin is not a deep golden brown and crispy, turn on broiler and broil chicken close to heat a few minutes to crisp and brown it.

To serve, move chicken off the bed of onions, garlic, lemon and herbs. Discard lemon and spoon the rest of the ingredients, along with pan juices, onto a serving platter. Place chicken on top and serve.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:24 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]