Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 The Kimchi thread: 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Pablo wrote:
Guntrader wrote:
The pallet fall was at the old Home Depot, or whatever used to be at the location North of Everett Costco that is now a Winco.
I troll G Mart for the sale items.

Back when they were Paldo World, storage requirements seemed to be just a recommendation.
They left frozen stuff on pallets to thaw on the floor for a week or so until they put them in freezers.

Wow, pretty sure someone croaked at this Home Depot in the 1990's.

Sounds tasty!

Former bosses wife says her friends mom was the one that died.
But everyone in the 70's says they knew the lady that put her poodle in the microwave, so I dunno.
(Paldo World building is way to small to have ever been anything but a small grocery store)

Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:

Former bosses wife says her friends mom was the one that died.
But everyone in the 70's says they knew the lady that put her poodle in the microwave, so I dunno.
(Paldo World building is way to small to have ever been anything but a small grocery store)

The Paldo World was never the Home Depot - it was adjacent to the Home Depot.

So I google mapped it. I look at where the defunct Home Depot store was and it's Matson Navigation and there is a Walmart near there as well. That area has changed a lot in 20 years.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I finally put my batch in the fridge today. Had a little snack. Very spicy/tasty. The journey continues.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
I finally put my batch in the fridge today. Had a little snack. Very spicy/tasty. The journey continues.

Awesome! The idea is, taste it every couple of days, and when it's almost where you like it, refrigerate it it to slw further development.

Once you get past the fear factor, it's fun!

Enjoy :thumbsup2:

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

uwajimaya has some good kimchi.

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just a heads up.. After the salting (Himalayan pink) rinse with bottled water. I didn't rinse enough so I'm getting a few chunks of salt.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My second batch was a little better as I perfect my recipe. My friend that has a traditional Korean wife was impressed with the sample I sent with him. That's a very big endorsement. I just tried my cucumber kimchi that I made last night, very good. Added some more pepper flakes though. The nice thing about asian spices is they don't seem to keep burning like hispanic spices.

Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:52 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think I know what Chuck is bringing to the next New Years shoot! thumbsup

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One thing to be aware of as a middle aged person trying on fermented vegetables as part of diet for the first time.

Go easy on them - the probiotics crank up your digestive metabolism again - it has been asleep for decades as your body slows down on creating it's own digestive enzymes.

Initially, your shits will terrify you - stuff the size of anacondas on National Geographic rainforest videos. Resist the temptation to beat them with a stick until dead. Just thrash on them enough to get the toilet to choke them down.

If you really went to town, that stuff is gonna scrape your innards clean as a whistle - all sorts of nasty stuff is gonna show up at the exit ramp. It ain't the fermented vegetables - they are just doing the Liquid Plumber thing - that nasty crap has been crazy glued to your guts for decades.

Once you shit off about 20 pounds of sewage, you are gonna feel a lot better. Also, the probiotics make your system digest food more efficiently - you will eat less because of the benefit of actually being able to metabolize your food far more efficiently.

Fermented vegetables are part of just about every ethnic background throughout history for a reason.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That’s our Rencorp, giving us science mixed in with a shit-ton of humor. :)

Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Holy shit!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Accurate and, umm, effectively descriptive.

Adjectives are not your shortcoming...

Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's been a full on cabbage kind of day. Yesterday I made pulled pork, and had store bought coleslaw. It was absolute garbage, and dishonored my beautiful pork. So today I ran down, and got fresh ingredients and made Alton Brown inspired coleslaw. Then I started my first batch of OK kimchi. The nice thing about kimchi there is no real right, or wrong. Pretty much just put in what you want, and let it ferment.

Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:30 pm

I lived Korea for two years an nothing in the USA can come close to the winter blend of Korea.......................soooooo good!

Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:12 pm

Theres a restaurant in Everett that has "kimchi bulgarritos" that are insanely good, right off Evergreen way, Chop Express

Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next