Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:09 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Who’s BBQ’ing this weekend??? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’m going to be smoking up a brisket, making an apple and carrot slaw, corn bread, baked beans, and baked mac n’ cheese for some friends on Sunday.
The weather is gorgeous and ripe for some great grilling!

I’ll be posting up pictures, anyone else have bbq plans this weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu May 24, 2018 1:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Those sounds like some great weekend plans :bigsmile: Would you be OK sharing your recipe for the slaw and the beans?

Not sure yet if I will BBQ here. We moved across town in Round Rock recently and the movers broke my kamado table so my BBQ grill is sitting on the concrete deck at the moment. Thankfully the grill is still OK. So that leaves only the Weber kettle for grilling. Maybe I'll grill a tri-tip roast or some steaks, though I've recently been thinking of cooking up another pot of New Mexico green chili. We'll see how it goes.

The wifey is in California until early next week helping the daughter in law get ready to move to Texas. So it's just me and the grandson hanging out.

Thu May 24, 2018 1:16 pm

The question should be 'who ISN'T grilling this weekend'.....
Snagged a heavy # of 93% hamburger last week in anticipation.... burgers with swiss/cheddar and a slab of ham... mmmmmm.....
Pulling out a bucket of hamn'beans and gonna pick up some ears of corn at safeway -- 6/$1.
Easy meals for the whole weekend.
Wanna try butterfly'ing a breast and stuffing with ham and swiss on the grill with bbq sauce.... sounds good but not sure if it would just make a mess... gonna have to be brave.... and drunk.

Picked up a full tank the other day --- ready to go.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Thu May 24, 2018 1:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GeekWithGuns wrote:
Those sounds like some great weekend plans :bigsmile: Would you be OK sharing your recipe for the slaw and the beans?

Not sure yet if I will BBQ here. We moved across town in Round Rock recently and the movers broke my kamado table so my BBQ grill is sitting on the concrete deck at the moment. Thankfully the grill is still OK. So that leaves only the Weber kettle for grilling. Maybe I'll grill a tri-tip roast or some steaks, though I've recently been thinking of cooking up another pot of New Mexico green chili. We'll see how it goes.

The wifey is in California until early next week helping the daughter in law get ready to move to Texas. So it's just me and the grandson hanging out.

Or you could just snag a Franklin brisket lol. So jealous you’re so close to The Godfather Ahahaha.

I’m working on new recipes for the slaw and beans, had a chance to get some feedback last month, so I’m modifying my recipes quite a bit and going to try for a much lighter and healthier recipe while trying to keep the taste.

John, I’ve never grilled a 93% burger before. Isn’t that too lean? I grind up my own patties, so I usually go umami style.

Thu May 24, 2018 2:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mr. Q wrote:
GeekWithGuns wrote:

Or you could just snag a Franklin brisket lol. So jealous you’re so close to The Godfather Ahahaha.

I’m working on new recipes for the slaw and beans, had a chance to get some feedback last month, so I’m modifying my recipes quite a bit and going to try for a much lighter and healthier recipe while trying to keep the taste.

John, I’ve never grilled a 93% burger before. Isn’t that too lean? I grind up my own patties, so I usually go umami style.

Have never been to Franklin's as the long lines put me off (though maybe have to bite the bullet soon). We're partial to Louis Mueller's BBQ in nearby Taylor, TX and there's also Snow's BBQ in Lexington, TX about an hour drive away (rated this year as best BBQ in Texas by Texas Monthly). Not a bad idea to head out there Saturday morning with the grandson for some down home BBQ.

Keep us posted on the new recipes, interested to see what you find out.

Thu May 24, 2018 2:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why wait?

I been BBQing all week!

Had a big ol tri tip last night. Burgers the night before.

I have two big full racks of ribs in the smoker right now. Maple and Cherry that I fell on a job a few years ago.

It smells so good right now!

Thu May 24, 2018 3:49 pm

Mr. Q wrote:

I'm just finishing up some 80% burger right now.... not really my favorite - too greasy for my taste, and I hate how much the burgers shrink. I like the 90-95% personally, you just have to me more attentive when cooking and treat it like a really lean steak --- sear hot quickly on both sides, then slow cook to a perfect MR/M.... all the juices left in there are tasty, not burnt grease like a BK burger. I usually mix in some chopped onion too, so that adds back some moisture and a splash of Worcestershire helps too. To be truly decedent, a pat of butter on top REALLY sets it off.

While I was (functionally) grill-less for quite some time, I survived with burgers on the cast iron skillet --- 80% made a gawdaweful mess and tasted really greasy.... 90+% was much better and tastier for me, along with ground pork burger too. I guess that developed taste just carried over.

80% is grill only for me, and that still flares up more than I care for. Its a 'hamburger'.
90+% is more versatile for me, and tastier in my opinion. I consider it a 'steak burger'.

And besides.... I scored the 93% for $2.50/# vs the 80% @ $3+/# ---- made my decision easy.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Thu May 24, 2018 4:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

not this weekend but on the 6th if weather permits we are having a BBQ/Painting party to paint our house. We are doing brisket and doing burnt ends, baby back ribs, apple baked beans, slaw, frog eye salad, potato salad, and for apps we are making stuffed bacon wrapped jalapenos and MOINKS

It was a Night Op in the library with an AK Pistol by TW...

Thu May 24, 2018 4:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ribs yesterday, wings today, tomorrow remains open

Thu May 24, 2018 6:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We decided to start it off healthy by making southwest grilled chicken salads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu May 24, 2018 6:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Working all weekend.

Fri May 25, 2018 8:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've stated it on here before, but please refrain from using American Flag plates/napkins/etc for Memorial Day or Independence Day. I think most of us are savvy to it, but it irks me when I see people do that. I've written Costco specifically about their sale of such items and, of course, never heard anything back.

Fri May 25, 2018 9:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hkcavalier wrote:
I've stated it on here before, but please refrain from using American Flag plates/napkins/etc for Memorial Day or Independence Day. I think most of us are savvy to it, but it irks me when I see people do that. I've written Costco specifically about their sale of such items and, of course, never heard anything back.

Why?

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri May 25, 2018 9:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
hkcavalier wrote:

Why?

Flag code, section 176, take your pick:.

(b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.
(c) The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.
(h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.

Most specifically:

(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.

Fri May 25, 2018 2:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

that's a losing battle bruh.
besides, my US Flag boxers make me feel super American lol

Sat May 26, 2018 2:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next