Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:18 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next
 Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker Thread 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
IP Chicken Tikka Marsala, whew came out pretty spicy.

Recipe please wildman!!! :thumbsup2:

This was the base of the recipe, but I replaced the tomato sauce/paste, and coconut cream with a premade jar of hot tikka sauce from the grocery store.
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/foo ... la-5451388

Used cauliflower rice to put it over.

Since a lot of recipes have ingredients that I don't have, I start with the base, and modify it around things I do. I also usually add some extra things, in this case I added green pepper and onion. For example coconut cream, I hate to buy a whole can and only use half of it knowing it will go bad before I need it again.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We had an office potluck today. I brought in all the ingredients, and cooked it up right in the office 1/2 hour before it started. At the end I had people asking for the recipe, and it's so simple.
Sweet & Smokey Meatballs
1-2 bag frozen homestyle meatballs and/or 1-2 package Hillshire lil smokies (adjust for amount of people)
1 18 oz bottle regular KC Masterpiece
1 18 oz jar of grape jelly
1 chopped onion
good sprinkle of chili flakes

Put a steamer basket in the IP, and add 1 cup of water. Add meets, and pressure cook for about 5 minutes. Pull out basket, and dump the water. Dump the onions in, and saute for a few minutes, add jelly and BBQ sauce. Heat until bubbly, and smooth. Dump in the meat, and let it come back to bubbling for a few minutes (keep stirring). Once everything is nice and hot put on warm and serve.

Of course this can be done in a crock pot also.
I was hesitant about the grape jelly, but so many recipes call for it. I went for it, and it turned out great.

Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:59 pm

golddigger14s wrote:
I was hesitant about the grape jelly, but so many recipes call for it. I went for it, and it turned out great.

Yeah - I remember growing up mom would put grape jelly in all sorts of things.... bbq sauce, marinades, glazes.... The strangest one I heard was that my grandma used to make grape jelly omelets for my dad when he was little - I have not ever had one myself....
Strawberry and apricot jelly made it into alot of recipes too.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Being in an apartment my kitchen is tiny. So to free up some counter space I got this rolling stand at Target for only $30. When I'm not using it I roll it into a corner just out of the kitchen, and when I'm using it I just roll the whole thing up to the counter.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:17 pm

Nice! I made the instant pot chilli that was on Serious Eats yesterday. I recommend it.

Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Egg bite recipie, and equipment:
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/foo ... as-5451507
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07HHQXP6Q/ ... _lig_dp_it

Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:51 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, after much resistance and belittling of my coworkers, I joined the club today. I blame Rutilate for my conversion, as he made some very good "butter chicken" (sans butter) that I really enjoyed.

Being the cheap fuck that I am, I ordered an "Amazon Warehouse" Instant Pot. It was advertised as having "cosmetic imperfection(s) larger then one inch," but the price was $97.50, compared to the regular item price of $139.95. I was all over that shit. :bigsmile:

Well, it showed up today. The box kinda looked like shit, but that's to be expected, right?

And . . . sho 'nuff, there's a cosmetic imperfection that's quite a bit larger than one inch. icon_eek

But, whatever. That's not the structural part, who cares, and I saved $45. I can deal.

Then I moved around and looked at it from another angle . . . oh, my.

Yeah, at this point we're exceeding "cosmetic," for damn sure. :angryfire: I flipped it over, and the bottom was all F'd up, with the bottom of the pot pushing out through the plastic:

But DAMMIT, I was all fired up and ready to cook! I had the ingredients and the recipe and I was excited to try it! So I grabbed my gunsmithing screwdriver set :bigsmile: , and started pulling the bottom of it apart. Here's one bent bracket:

And here's another one that's even worse, mostly hidden by the plastic part that's broken:

I pulled it apart some more, applied pliers to brackets, and was able to put it back together so it looked pretty good. The bottom is still cracked (look at about 1:00, near the back), but at least it all looks level:

And while I had it apart, I stuck my hand up its skirt, and popped out that dent. There's still a little bit of damage, but it's not bad:

And yup . . . it's sitting level, finally:

I think it's working okay; the electronics are running just fine. I was getting some leaks from the steam vent during initial testing, like maybe it's not perfectly level, but when I cooked dinner it worked just fine.

Speaking of dinner:

That's Chicken Tikka Masala with Cauliflower and Peas. Pretty good, all in all, but a little on the blah side. If I make it again, I'll probably triple all of the spices to give it a little more bang.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

STEVE you are a....er.....THE man! :thumbsup2: :rofl9: :wagwoot:

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Everything comes out crazy dry. I keep adding more water each time but so far it hasn't helped. :(

Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Steve send it back, you can get a brand new on walmart.com for $70.
https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=i ... ad=instant

Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:04 pm

mislabeled wrote:
Everything comes out crazy dry. I keep adding more water each time but so far it hasn't helped. :(

Dry doesn't necessarily mean no water in it. It's also the fats. Try using a less-lean piece of something next time.

Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WanderingWalrus wrote:
mislabeled wrote:

Dry doesn't necessarily mean no water in it. It's also the fats. Try using a less-lean piece of something next time.

It's Basmati rice.

Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mislabeled wrote:
WanderingWalrus wrote:
mislabeled wrote:

It's Basmati rice.

Your point?

Use the fat rice! Duh!

Wait...

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
Your point?

Use the fat rice! Duh!

Nnnnnooooowww you see my problem. :rofl9: Well, that and I'm trying to cook, which is practically a war crime by itself.

Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:30 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

golddigger14s wrote:
Steve send it back, you can get a brand new on walmart.com for $70.
https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=i ... ad=instant

Nope . . . $227.51 for the same model:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Instant-Pot- ... /720752656

The $70 version is an older model, and smaller.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next