Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:07 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Seafood in Portland? 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Rather than post in WaGrubs(expecting a pm shortly) figured id ask here first. Got a trip planned to Portland this weekend for the Wifes awards ceremony. Looking for a good seafood joint to go eat at. Prefer more a good barfood style rather than fancy. If anyone has been to the Lost Roo or Castaways in Long Beach...thats more our style

Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

saltys, charthouse, king tide, Hawthorne couple of little fish shops ive been too are not to bad just fish and chip stuff.

not made it to ways and means oysters

Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oswego grill has some good food. Ive had the Snapper, Salmon and Ribeye on my 3 visits and its all been good.

Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As much as I hate Portland/OR I've seen a lot of food shows featuring Portland. Restaurants, and food trucks.

Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My go to would be La Diabla, or Acropolis. Best seafood in town. Best part is, La Diabla has 2 locations!

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:16 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Jagerbomber35 wrote:
My go to would be La Diabla, or Acropolis. Best seafood in town. Best part is, La Diabla has 2 locations!

:ROFLMAO:

I think he meant an actual restaurant. Not a meat market that has a kitchen in the back.

And shame you’re just down for the weekend Dan. The family and I are headed to Newport next week for a quick getaway. Always good seeing you guys. Wish our plans aligned better.

Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jakes Famous Crawfish

in the Pearl district, just watch your step, I understand their is human feces everywhere now....

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:18 pm
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Jagerbomber35 wrote:

Ha!, Liss wouldnt allow the clubs down here. She doesnt know the dancers like back at home. Theres a list of "acceptable" dancers she knows and trusts, lol

Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:22 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Darn it. I didn't keep up with this thread because I don't know stand-out seafood places in Portland.

Our way of finding a decent restaurant in Portland has been to drive to Hawthorne Street and make a few miles pass through, taking notes on mom and pop type one-off restaurants, then at the end of the strip deciding and driving back to it.
We haven't done that in a few years though... Seriously, Portland has taken a nose dive.

Just went down to the Jantzen Beach (Delta Park) Lowe's to pick up a few of those Jawhorses posted in the Good Deals subforum, and I was amazed by the homelessness. There are bonafide wooden structures with doors and windows under some of the trees and overpasses.

WTH has happened to our country?

Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:40 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

This may not be so helpful Dan, but here's what we do when we want good seafood: We drive to the coast. It's not so far and you get the whole deal, including the ocean atmosphere.
We do the similar decision making there btw... Take a drive looking for small mom and pop restaurants. Very rarely disappointed.

Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]