Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:14 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 06.20.15 Triangle Pit Clean-n-Shoot Thread 

Loading up the car, see you all out there in a few hours.

Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unless things are really slow (and they decide to let me go early) I won't be getting out of Cabela's until 2:30 but I plan on heading over as soon as I get off (and stop on the way to change and pick up some firearms). Anyone planning on bringing a .454 or .460 to shoot afterwards? I'm thinking about buying one but would like to shoot one first. I already picked up a box of .454 rounds so I wouldn't even have to shoot your ammo :bigsmile:

Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

no pics yet?

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:03 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Ops wrote:
no pics yet?

Everyone out there has AT&T service....

Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:16 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well someone should have taken a before puc and posted it. I got delyed and hour and a half one way drive is not what im planning on

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:05 pm

It was great running in to you guys out there and finding out about the forum, just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone I met today

Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:27 pm
Site Moderator / In Memoriam
Site Moderator / In Memoriam

E_Johnson,

welcomewgo

cootduster

I'm not old.

I'm just no longer young !!!

Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:14 pm

save my name tag, i'll try to make the next one.

US Constitution: VOID where prohibited by law.

Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bridget and I got a late start out of Kirkland and didn't make it there until 11:30, when the cleanup was just finishing. We both felt bad for not getting there in time to help, but it sure was great to meet Dan, Steve, and some of the other members! Put some rounds downrange, had some good conversation and then had to skeedaddle back to pick up the kids. Dan, make me a nametag! We'll be at the next clean up.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:52 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey all, had an AMAZING time today helping to clean up and meeting a bunch of you guys and gals! I look forward to doing it again! Dan and Steve thanks a bunch for the decal and business cards, I'll put them to good use. While I was at the top of the quarry, I decided to take panorama shot of everyone cleaning up beneath me. It's in a spoiler due to it's size...

Spoiler: show

Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

E_Johnson wrote:
It was great running in to you guys out there and finding out about the forum, just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone I met today

Welcome aboard!

NRA Range Safety Officer
NSSF Member
SAF Defender's Club - Life member
US Navy - 1976-1982

Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

E_Johnson wrote:

Howdy, friend! Good chatting with you on the firing line.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:49 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

E_Johnson wrote:

Welcome Eric! Thanks for joining up!

Silent_Rites wrote:
Hey all, had an AMAZING time today helping to clean up and meeting a bunch of you guys and gals! I look forward to doing it again! Dan and Steve thanks a bunch for the decal and business cards, I'll put them to good use. While I was at the top of the quarry, I decided to take panorama shot of everyone cleaning up beneath me. It's in a spoiler due to it's size...

Spoiler: show

Awesome photo!! It was great meeting you too.

So, my recap;

First off, BIG kudos to DNR. Nick and Barry were awesome and very accommodating. It was awesome of them to provide all those kick ass bags, gloves and tools to assist in the cleanup.

Now... All said and done we pulled out OVER 100 large bags filled with trash. It was an amazing feat. When you first got there, it was dirty... But you didn't realize how dirty it was until we were done. I will say that I left there a happy guy. Not only because we helped DNR, but because of the awesome showing by WaGuns members. This couldn't have happened without you all, so THANK YOU!

It was pretty awesome to get some new faces out there too and meet members who I haven't met before. I usually try and name them all, but that's not going to happen lol.

The day started at 7:30 out there and by 9:00 we were in full steam. I think we were done cleaning right around 11:00... 2 hours and that place got scrubbed top to bottom.

I had my wife, Joelle, and 8 year old son, Ryan, in tow. Even after co-owning this place for 4 years, this was Joelle's first "event". She had a great time and you guys all showed some nice patience with my son.. The man of a million and one questions.

Nick with DNR thanked all of us and I think he left very happy. The volunteer hours towards a free Discovery Pass was a nice bonus as well!

As we were packing up, we were able to help educate some people coming in as to what happened, why it happened and what they can do to keep it clean. Trash bags were passed out and lots of signs were hung, marking our territory.

Once again, I can't thank all of you guys enough. What happened today is WHY we started WaGuns, you guys did this, so thank you.

Now, some pics!

Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:02 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I guess I missed a bunch of you guys. I didn't get there till 3 pm.

Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:07 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

golddigger14s wrote:
I guess I missed a bunch of you guys. I didn't get there till 3 pm.

You must have! I pulled out right at 3:00.

Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:19 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next