Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 OPEN SEATS 

The triploids taste fine. Triploids are planted in numerous lakes in the Yakima area. Triploids are a bit larger so you bake them in foil. Slap in a couple strips of bacon and rub some mayonase inside and some liquid smoke if you like.

Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:
usrifle wrote:
Jim, you guys should concentrate on taking those Triploids and maybe throw the Coho back? Sounds like the Triploids are a problem.

Go get you some Dana, they eat good.

I haven’t heard back from the WDFW fish checker that we saw down there a couple weeks ago, we’re supposed to get a call back but it has not materialized as of yet. That was one of the things that we had talked about, raising the limits on the Triploids to get hem out of there.

If anyone could reduce that population, it would be you. You are one Fish slaying dude. :bow:

I could definitely put a dent in the population that’s for sure. WDFW will do what they want no matter how much public opinion is for eradicating the Triploids, they’ll likely plant more to get rid of the coho… :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

At one point, I’d thought of making some cash from catching those pesky pike minnows on the Columbia but it’s too far away from home. I figured that’s only one of the reasons, the other is if I were to make fishing a money making enterprise it would take all the fun out of it, and for that reason alone I will not be a guide.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hartcreek wrote:
The triploids taste fine. Triploids are planted in numerous lakes in the Yakima area. Triploids are a bit larger so you bake them in foil. Slap in a couple strips of bacon and rub some mayonase inside and some liquid smoke if you like.

I’m going to smoke and can some in August, I’ve got about 75 in the freezer… :bigsmile:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well since all you guys and gals are too busy doing something else instead of enjoying life today I actually found a cute blonde to go fishing with me today.
I released 5 rainbows in the 8 to 12 inch range, not a single Kokanee was caught!!!
I really wanted to get out of the cave and go fishing but I didn’t really want to clean fish.

Back to your regularly scheduled activities. Lol

Attachment:
422E47CC-01FC-41F2-BFA2-619409D94DD8.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last night I made reservations for three days (8-9/8-11) at the KOA in Concrete Washington to fish the Baker lake Sockeye run!!! I’m pretty much stoked to be able to finally get up there, I’ve been waiting a few years for sizable numbers to happen… I’ll have a few open seats available, wish me luck!!!

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caveman Jim wrote:
Last night I made reservations for three days (8-9/8-11) at the KOA in Concrete Washington to fish the Baker lake Sockeye run!!! I’m pretty much stoked to be able to finally get up there, I’ve been waiting a few years for sizable numbers to happen… I’ll have a few open seats available, wish me luck!!!

Thats in my backyard! I fish Kokanees every year on Lake Shannon. Camp at Baker every year. Have only got to fish the Sockeyes once. Good luck.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks to first mate JIM :wink05: niece says thank you and she had and awesome time, and thank you too till the wind kicked up. I'll get a few pic before the smoker tomorrow

Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cmica wrote:
Thanks to first mate JIM :wink05: niece says thank you and she had and awesome time, and thank you too till the wind kicked up. I'll get a few pic before the smoker tomorrow

It was great meeting your niece, she picked up the routine on the dance floor quickly and looked like she was having a good time.
Yeah that wind will definitely put an end to fishing and boat control, glad we trolled towards the ramp, it would have been a bumpy ride in. :bigsmile:

Coho on the Chehalis opens October 1st, hoping that some fish will show up for the event.

Here’s what happened with the braided line that got sucked into the prop….

Attachment:
41A51860-9A43-44FB-AA59-D40DD6794399.jpeg

This was the finished product.

Attachment:
0A0D0F46-C0FA-49CF-9CB6-BB6FAF8DB7C2.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was actually the recipient of an open seat from a buddy of mine, a local guy that’s been fishing and hunting this area his entire life and he’s living in the same house he was born in.

The way we fish is about the same way a lot of people hunt when they get older, the old bull versus the young bull. We do not battle the crowd that just has to launch at first flight and be the first on the river anymore, we mosey on down after everybody has left and splash the boat in without any wait time.

So at 8 o’clock we’re motoring up the Chehalis river for some coho fishing, we stop at the first hole (that had been ignored by the Wolfpack) and start sore mouthing the silvers.

The fishing was great, the catching was even better but all of the eight adult silvers that we brought to the boat, everyone was an unclipped hatchery fish. I say this because the dorsal fins were all deformed like fish that are raised in the hatcheries and the adipose fins were small compared to the thumb sized on true Wild fish.

All was not lost because we were able to catch three fat Jack’s. It’s just disheartening to me that there is something going on with this fishery that is being withheld from stakeholders (fishers who pay for the opportunity to catch fish).

Attachment:
E2530B74-0F35-459B-9A8F-D11F44786E49.jpeg

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caveman Jim wrote:
I was actually the recipient of an open seat from a buddy of mine, a local guy that’s been fishing and hunting this area his entire life and he’s living in the same house he was born in.

The way we fish is about the same way a lot of people hunt when they get older, the old bull versus the young bull. We do not battle the crowd that just has to launch at first flight and be the first on the river anymore, we mosey on down after everybody has left and splash the boat in without any wait time.

So at 8 o’clock we’re motoring up the Chehalis river for some coho fishing, we stop at the first hole (that had been ignored by the Wolfpack) and start sore mouthing the silvers.

The fishing was great, the catching was even better but all of the eight adult silvers that we brought to the boat, everyone was an unclipped hatchery fish. I say this because the dorsal fins were all deformed like fish that are raised in the hatcheries and the adipose fins were small compared to the thumb sized on true Wild fish.

All was not lost because we were able to catch three fat Jack’s. It’s just disheartening to me that there is something going on with this fishery that is being withheld from stakeholders (fishers who pay for the opportunity to catch fish).

Attachment:

Can you elaborate on your last paragraph? What's being withheld?

Albert Einstein

Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RadioSquatch wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:

Attachment:

Sure thing, why so many supposedly “Wild fish” and very few “clipped fish”? Reread the highlighted paragraph above.

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caveman Jim wrote:
RadioSquatch wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:

Attachment:

Sure thing, why so many supposedly “Wild fish” and very few “clipped fish”? Reread the highlighted paragraph above.

Hard to prove they were hatchery fish without checking for tags such as coated wire tags or genetics etc can't go off appearance alone

Albert Einstein

Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Where are the hatchery fish then? I’ve caught many many hatchery and misclipped fish with rolled/damaged dorsal fins over 30+ years here but I’m not a biologist. Are you?

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4