Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:49 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Took the kids out archery today 

Got my 9 year old daughter and my teenage up early this morning and drug them out in the woods. We didn’t do any crazy walking since it was her first time out in the skookumchuck. I didn’t expect to see anything with the circus following me, but I wanted to get her out in the woods for a little bit and get her off her kindle, which was the whole point.on the way back driving through Rainer a doe crossed Main Street in broad daylight. Guess the words out for the critters to stay in town already.

Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bowfishing next!

Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Im so glad our kids came along before technology sucked the life out of kids... LOL
Good on ya for gettin her of it even for a little while.
Is she interested in archery?
I sure miss getting out in the woods.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:58 pm

She has a starter bow, which is fun for her, but I don’t see her getting into hunting. My boy however has a diamond infinite edge and we just got that adjusted to 40lbs. If I hadn’t dropped the ball on hunters Ed for him last summer he’d have a tag too.

Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My SIL got into archery a few years ago and shooting every time he visits us, we let him set up a target out to 80 yds.
Good luck dropping a buck. :wink05:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Where at out on the snook if you don’t mind me asking I love only about 15 minutes from the hatchery

Albert Einstein

Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:54 pm

I’m hunting that WDFW land that’s out by there. It’s owned by some power company and all you need is the wildlife permit to park there. I go there because it’s paved all the way and I don’t own a 4x4. They do a pheasant release there in a month or two and the place gets overrun by fudds. But we saw elk and bear sign, no deer. Last year I got my son about 100 yards from the elk herd, but we spooked a cow and they ran off. I used to hunt elk in Greenwater with my dad before they turned that to a special draw. If I get a 4wd I’m going to probably find something a little more out of the way. But for now I just need to get my kids used to walking in the brush and learning sign. So it suits my needs.

Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ace wrote:
I’m hunting that WDFW land that’s out by there. It’s owned by some power company and all you need is the wildlife permit to park there. I go there because it’s paved all the way and I don’t own a 4x4. They do a pheasant release there in a month or two and the place gets overrun by fudds. But we saw elk and bear sign, no deer. Last year I got my son about 100 yards from the elk herd, but we spooked a cow and they ran off. I used to hunt elk in Greenwater with my dad before they turned that to a special draw. If I get a 4wd I’m going to probably find something a little more out of the way. But for now I just need to get my kids used to walking in the brush and learning sign. So it suits my needs.

There’s an old apple and plum orchard out there plenty of good fruit for the pickings take them there lots of sign there too, not sure you can hunt the orchard though

Albert Einstein

Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:12 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Ace wrote:
She has a starter bow, which is fun for her, but I don’t see her getting into hunting. My boy however has a diamond infinite edge and we just got that adjusted to 40lbs. If I hadn’t dropped the ball on hunters Ed for him last summer he’d have a tag too.

He can still hunt this year if he hasn’t already had a hunting mentor.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:44 pm
Profile WWW

RadioSquatch wrote:
Ace wrote:

There’s an old apple and plum orchard out there plenty of good fruit for the pickings take them there lots of sign there too, not sure you can hunt the orchard though

Yeah I wander through that. It’s legal to hunt the orchard, but the elk there don’t hit the orchard during legal shooting hours. I’ve almost get to them in the mornings when they are about the cross the river into private property. Trick is setting up at the right time. Should have got the bear tag too, I’ve run across a lot of bear shit out there.

Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ace wrote:
RadioSquatch wrote:
Ace wrote:

Yeah I wander through that. It’s legal to hunt the orchard, but the elk there don’t hit the orchard during legal shooting hours. I’ve almost get to them in the mornings when they are about the cross the river into private property. Trick is setting up at the right time. Should have got the bear tag too, I’ve run across a lot of bear shit out there.

Hmm maybe I should put a game camera out in the orchard for shots and giggles it’s a little over 15 mins from my house.

Albert Einstein

Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:07 pm

Gonna try late archery season there too. And on Black Friday I’m dragging the kids with me again because the wife has to work :bigsmile: . She asked if we could do turkey hunting. I know we got turkeys in this state, but I don’t think I’m down to drive out to Spokane to hit gobblers.

Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]