Switch to full style
Your hunting and fishing destination!
Post a reply

Re: Hunting Pest Last Night

Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:39 pm

Things have been quite in the chicken run. But this morning I noticed the bait pile was gone. But the alarm never went off last night. So I move the sensor and my outside IR light. Then keeping an eye out as soon as it’s dark. 19:30 I see something. Small and fast. Waaait..... yes :thumbsup2: I think this was a head shot. But honestly I was just aiming at the dark spot in the grass.
Spoiler: show
Image.

Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:38 pm

So I have two bait piles set up in my yard. Both visible from inside my house. One is outside the living room. Bait pile is at 6 yards from my recliner. Second is out in my carport 20 yards from the dinning room window. Got one mouse at the 6 yard pile. Tonight this is the first pest I’ve gotten out in my carport. Annnnd the alarm is going off again as I type this.

Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:23 am

My alarm system is working out great. Got a three more last night. Well ok one was this morning at 3:45am. I did miss one. Maybe that’s the one that came back out at 3:45.

Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:45 am

You'd better be careful, you're gonna run out of targets!

Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:09 am

Those are roof rats. Ick. Good shoot!

Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:59 am

Just ordered an alarm/detector. Going to build a bait station outside my shed and see what shows up :bigsmile: .

Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:18 pm

Traut wrote:Just ordered an alarm/detector. Going to build a bait station outside my shed and see what shows up :bigsmile: .

Haha if your married your wife will hate it :ROFLMAO: I had a raccoon set the alarm of last night. I did not shoot it. I also get possums and my cat :doh1:

Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:50 pm

You shot the cat, and possums, but didn't shoot the raccoon ? Dang.

Those smoked rat and mouse bacon sides and hams are gonna be small ones - you gotta start breeding them or something for quantity.

Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:10 pm

RENCORP wrote:You shot the cat, and possums, but didn't shoot the raccoon ? Dang.

Those smoked rat and mouse bacon sides and hams are gonna be small ones - you gotta start breeding them or something for quantity.

No No No. I did not shoot the cat or possum. I was just saying they show up at the bait pile and set off the alarm.
But I did just shoot another mouse :bigsmile:

Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:42 pm

Traut wrote:Just ordered an alarm/detector. Going to build a bait station outside my shed and see what shows up :bigsmile: .

First Blood!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:09 pm

Traut wrote:

First Blood!

Did you shoot the crap out of the shed in the process?? Lol! ....must kill rats...at any cost...

Either way, nice work. Pesky little bastards.

Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:49 pm

Kgbsucka wrote:
Traut wrote:

First Blood!

Did you shoot the crap out of the shed in the process?? Lol! ....must kill rats...at any cost...

Either way, nice work. Pesky little bastards.

:ROFLMAO: Yeah, i see some misses there.

Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:20 pm

Actually the shed was my backstop for when I sighted in the scope :AR15firing: Put the bait there so I knew I'd have a safe backstop and not have to worry about it when shooting in the dark. I should put some sound absorbing backing on that wall. The air rifle is whisper quiet but the lead hitting the shed paneling after it goes through a rat...at 2:30 in the a.m. sounds like a bomb going off !

Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:42 am

Nice job. Things are kinda quite around my place. Can you turn down the regulator on your gun?
I’m not at all familiar with exactly how they work. But you know. Lower the power so your less likely to get pass through.
My gun is whisper quiet also. When I was shooting the ground squirrels at 20ish yard. The pellet hitting them in the head made more noise than the gun itself.

Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:52 am

I wonder if a red Ryder would work, I also haveca little blow gun.
Post a reply