Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:17 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 I'm a crappy.... I mean Crappie fisherman... 

I don't know how i missed this thread either ---- grew up in MN and crappie fishing was always good! Tip for bait --- my goto was always a Mister Twister Q tail jig on a spinner rig -- the kind that is a V shape with the jig on the bottom and a single blade on a swivel on the other leg - line tied at the tip of the V.... Always a solid producer - bass love it too. Casting the shallows and the weed lines was standard. Otherwise it was a caribou jig tipped with a minnow jigging the holes and structure. We had lots of lakes that would produce 3/4#ers all the time -- my best was a 2 3/4 #er thru the ice --- he was a MONSTER --- barely fit thru the hole!

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wait, are they good eats? Growing up i was always taught if i caught one i should kill it since they are garbage and bad for other fish.

I havent fished in 20 years so i havent killed many though

Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:32 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

shaggy wrote:
Wait, are they good eats? Growing up i was always taught if i caught one i should kill it since they are garbage and bad for other fish.

I don't eat fish myself but I did learn the filet them. Apparently they are good eating fish. My kids fried them up. The last few times out we didn't catch much and the ones we did were let go for another day.

Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:40 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

olydemon wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:
Wow, I cannot believe that I missed this post. Brings back memories from childhood catchin those fish.
Goooood eating deep fried with hush puppies!!! :thumbsup2:

Yep, my kids loved cooking them up.

We are officially moved into the lake house so that is my new back yard... Going to start planting some habitat in our part of the lake to get the bass to grow up.

Down in the South our habitat restoration on the lakes was strapping Christmas trees together in large bundles and dropping them in the deeper waters. The leftover trees were distributed around the shallows. :bigsmile:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:13 am

shaggy wrote:

I think you're thinking of carp

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

shaggy wrote:

If you threw them away then you threw away very good fish, blaspheme. They are delicious when deep fried with hush puppies. :thumbsup2:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
shaggy wrote:

I think you're thinking of carp

That’s what I’m thinking.

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2