Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Any recs on western WA taxidermist for S Africa animals? 
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Looking at doing a S. Africa hunting trip for Sable, Gemsbok, and/or Kudu and I'm trying to figure out a good nearby taxidermist who has experience with the S. Africa game. I'm not looking for anything fancy, just good quality shoulder mounts for each. Is there anyone someone can recommend within a few hours of Seattle? Willing to drive about 2-3 hours one way, or even down to Portland area if there are better options a bit further away.

I am a FFL in Redmond. Check out my website at https://www.lucidityprovisions.com to purchase items that I have in stock or for information on processing transfers for online purchases. If there are any items you are looking for feel free to PM me here or use the contact form on my website and I'll see what I can do for you.

Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:32 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hell yes! Bruce at Wildlife Art Taxidermy. Its up in Custer, so a drive for anyone, however he specializes in African game. Check his website. His showroom is like nothing I've ever seen. He has done Mule Deer for me, Elk for friends, and tons of other mounts I have seen first hand. Top notch work!

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This was at the fellas house that I bought my skidder from. I’ll try and dig up his info again and see if he has a recommendation.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:05 am

I’d recommend Fidalgo taxidermy up north near Anacortes. They do award winning safari work!

Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I know a guy, family friend, he is on the east hill of Auburn

https://waguns.org/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=105249

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:21 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Call Diana Pinto at Pinto's Guns in Renton.
She and her partner have made several safaris and have had mounts done.

The Right to Buy Weapons Is the Right to Be Free

Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cedar River Taxidermy has been fantastic to me but they are highly backlogged. Might be worth a call though.

Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Michael White at Nature's Way does good work, but is a long ways out on timing.

I've switched to having my Africa taxidermy done in Africa. It is far less expensive and they have the most experience with the animals that roam there. Overall, even with shipping the crate(s) back, I've saved a ton of money and I've never been displeased with my mounts.

Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:03 pm

Just as an update here. I ended up going with a non-local taxidermist, but still in the US. With the current transportation issues the cost of transporting the completed mounts for my 5 animals would have made it all cost significantly more US based taxidermy (even including freight trucking full mounts from PA to WA). Further, having them shipped to Seattle area vs Chicago was about 60% more expensive. I have gone with Kanati for Taxidermy based on many recommendations.

I am a FFL in Redmond. Check out my website at https://www.lucidityprovisions.com to purchase items that I have in stock or for information on processing transfers for online purchases. If there are any items you are looking for feel free to PM me here or use the contact form on my website and I'll see what I can do for you.

Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]