Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:16 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 OPEN SEATS 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just got back from Riffe Lake a few hours ago, started at 8 am and it was rough as Hell first thing this morning with 20 mile per hour winds and 3-4 foot wind waves. Thank God that it laid down nicely and we limited out by one.

If anyone thinks that ole caveman can’t catch fish during the worst of times in rough weather think again, I’ve got a witness that went with me this morning for the white knuckle ride...:p:p:p
Thanks for braving the elements this morning @Thomas_Gunne, you did a fine job in the wheel house while I was on deck riding the bull....;) Always good to have you aboard anytime brother.

Attachment:
FB80D60F-752F-4752-8ADD-1E1AEB120F3B.jpeg

Attachment:
3050123D-CEFC-43E6-B984-24F86714F913.jpeg

Attachment:
CDDC3C88-434F-4350-B2C9-FE30C6A1681F.jpeg

Attachment:
54052D52-7DE9-41F3-BFE6-71661E1C1807.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hitting it early eh Jim? I'll be out there soon need to get tabs on the boat trailer. The little ones get a real kick out of those holdovers and kokes. Who am I kidding I do to!!

Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Norman89 wrote:
Hitting it early eh Jim? I'll be out there soon need to get tabs on the boat trailer. The little ones get a real kick out of those holdovers and kokes. Who am I kidding I do to!!

At 60+ I still get a kick every time a fish trips the rigger!!!
I’m looking forward for my granddaughter to make her first trip in the FV. Bloody Decks this summer, she’s 3 yo. :bigsmile:
LMK if you need anything, I enjoy sharing knowledge and tackle tips.

If you see this boat, rest assured it is a fish catcher. :wink05:

Attachment:
BDD6930A-DC8C-4167-BB94-4445ECD59DB0.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pretty sure I have seen your boat on riffe before

Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’ll bet you know that is my go to the lake. I used to drive all the way to Merwin down by Woodland but I just got too much of a drive 2 1/2 hours one-way with hit and miss fishing. I’ve got this lake figure it out.

This Thursday and Friday are looking good weatherwise just in case you guys feel like you are going to call in sick.

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All right guys and gals tomorrow, Saturday the 13th is going to be an epic day on the lake weather wise plus catching fish in droves.
Let’s get to it, I’m going tomorrow whether I have to go by myself with the dog of course but not recommend.

Be at the Riffe lake ramp at 7:30 am...

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Go get em Ol Timer! Wish it wasn't such a haul from the frosty north. Had to look up Riffe. Looks like a big ass lake!

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you left at 3 AM you could make it to the ramp at 7:30. I’ve driven from my house in Elma to lake Stevens to fish Kokenee.

It is a good sized lake I have not finished all of it.
It’s so damn hard to move from the productive spots that always holds fish to look for other fish holding spots. :ROFLMAO:

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caveman Jim wrote:
All right guys and gals tomorrow, Saturday the 13th is going to be an epic day on the lake weather wise plus catching fish in droves.
Let’s get to it, I’m going tomorrow whether I have to go by myself with the dog of course but not recommend.

I wish I didnt have to work tomorrow. I would love to get on the lake slaying silvers. :bow:

Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:

I wish I didnt have to work tomorrow. I would love to get on the lake slaying silvers. :bow:

So fire that asshole of a boss...

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KeystoneCowboy wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:

So fire that asshole of a boss...

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:

I do too, I can’t go by myself anymore.

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well I'll be out Saturday trying to land Kokes too, Jim. Although we dont seem to have to hawgs like we used to up here, we srill get into em and have a good time.
I'm assuming you're going out? Not sure how crowded it gets down there on opening day.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’ll probably stay close to home because my go to lake is too low and boat launch’s are closed. icon_eek icon_eek icon_eek
I’ll probably get out onto Summit lake but not expecting anything near what I'm accustomed to on Riffe...

Enjoy and be safe and wear your PFD. :wink05:

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What about mayfield or scanewa?

Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next