Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:37 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Hunting Jacket 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

With the fall right around the corner I was looking at adding a jacket that is less bulky than what I've been using. I'm just curious as to what you folks use, why, and how it has held up.

Thanks!

Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A lot depends on where you will be hunting. And also what season(s).

I have always been in favor of several light layers so you can remove as needed.

Where and what are planning or regularly hunt?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:41 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Col_Temp wrote:
A lot depends on where you will be hunting. And also what season(s).

I have always been in favor of several light layers so you can remove as needed.

Where and what are planning or regularly hunt?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Usually mid to end of October up in the upper 204 GMU. The weather varies up there. One year we were expected to maybe get rain one day. It poured buckets the entire time. Last year we got snowed on, no forecasted snow, and not a cloud in the sky when we went to bed. I'm wanting to go a more layered route. With so much that is out there I just didn't know what other guys are using.

Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Layering is the way to go. I'm trying to afford it, but its pretty tough to do, but FirstLite would be my go to. Kuiu, Sitka are also top notch. Really its like the Big 3 truck debate. Fond a pattern uou like, and go with their line.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KeystoneCowboy wrote:
Layering is the way to go. I'm trying to afford it, but its pretty tough to do, but FirstLite would be my go to. Kuiu, Sitka are also top notch. Really its like the Big 3 truck debate. Fond a pattern uou like, and go with their line.

I got a buddy who swares by Sitka gear. He said it just lasts, his jacket is going strong after 10 seasons of multiple deer and elk hunts each year. Another buddy has been using Kuiu gear for about 4 seasons up in SE Alaska and he's liked it a lot.

I've also been looking into Kryptek and Skre. They look like they have good products. I just hate buying something like this online as I want to put it on, walk around and see how it moves.

Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]